The Student Room Group

i am living in student accomodtion without heat and my landlord is useless. Adivce?

so I am living in private, cheap student accommodation since October. however ever since I moved in, I have experienced heating issues in my room since October. I have been reporting my issue to the landlord but nothing has been done and now I will be living in freezing cold during Christmas or possibly new years

I am tempted not to pay my rent next month, but I would like some advice first .

my student accommodation is the cheapest accommodation outside of my uni campus, the accommodation is not your average 5 star or 4-star student accommodation you will find on campus in your uni and it's private student accommodation.
We had a few months with no heating in our student house, I feel like boilers breaking is now a stereotypical student experience.

Has your landlord said anything about resolving it or even knowing what the issue is? If it isn't an obvious issue it may be hard to get an emergency plumber round at Christmas to look at it and withholding rent may make him just angry at you rather than more inclined to fix it.

Ours basically said he had a boiler coming and we just had to for it to arrive, which ended up taking October->December. We relied on sitting around the gas hob for warmth:frown: but a plug-in space heater would do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending