The Student Room Group

changing SFE information

i accidentally submitted my SFE application incorrectly, stating my parents live outside the UK when they infact do live here. this means that i’ve been awarded the minimum student finance when my household income allows me to be entitled to the full maintenance loan (and i have received this the last 2 years of studying). this is a desperate situation as i am unable to pay my rent without this as my parents cannot help me financially. i am due my first payment from SFE tomorrow, but it is severely under what i need for my living costs. i have submitted my parents financial evidence and a letter asking the information to be changed via post as advised on the phone by SFE but i still don’t have any acknowledgment these have even been received. i’m getting a bit worried now as my landlord is demanding payment and i am not able to estimate when i will come into funding. should i just cancel and reapply with the correct form? i’m unsure what to do.
Original post by lilys123
i accidentally submitted my SFE application incorrectly, stating my parents live outside the UK when they infact do live here. this means that i’ve been awarded the minimum student finance when my household income allows me to be entitled to the full maintenance loan (and i have received this the last 2 years of studying). this is a desperate situation as i am unable to pay my rent without this as my parents cannot help me financially. i am due my first payment from SFE tomorrow, but it is severely under what i need for my living costs. i have submitted my parents financial evidence and a letter asking the information to be changed via post as advised on the phone by SFE but i still don’t have any acknowledgment these have even been received. i’m getting a bit worried now as my landlord is demanding payment and i am not able to estimate when i will come into funding. should i just cancel and reapply with the correct form? i’m unsure what to do.

Hi there, when did you send this as it can take 6 weeks to process from when we receive it? Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending