The Student Room Group

what does this ucas message mean

" Cancelling an application within the initial 14 days of submitting it, does then allow re-submission into the same cycle with a new application. If it's outside 14 then we cannot cancel the application and that would be the only one you'd be able to have live in that cycle/year."

I received this when I asked about the possibility of cancelling my application and submitting a new one for this current cycle. It's ambiguously written but does that mean upon cancellation I can still apply for 2022 entry?
I think it does yes (from reading the message quoted) but only within 14 days of submitting it.
Original post by lilyrose270
" Cancelling an application within the initial 14 days of submitting it, does then allow re-submission into the same cycle with a new application. If it's outside 14 then we cannot cancel the application and that would be the only one you'd be able to have live in that cycle/year."

I received this when I asked about the possibility of cancelling my application and submitting a new one for this current cycle. It's ambiguously written but does that mean upon cancellation I can still apply for 2022 entry?

Did you make the application less than 14 days ago?
@lilyrose270 yes you can cancel your application then reapply as long as your UCAS application was submitted less than 14 days ago. It your applied say 15 days ago you now cannot cancel your application and start anew for this years application cycle. However, if it is the course that wants changing and not the university, then you can speak to the admissions team at that university and if they accept, they can change this for you on your UCAS application without you needing to cancel anything.

- Rosie
Original post by hallamstudents
@lilyrose270 yes you can cancel your application then reapply as long as your UCAS application was submitted less than 14 days ago. It your applied say 15 days ago you now cannot cancel your application and start anew for this years application cycle. However, if it is the course that wants changing and not the university, then you can speak to the admissions team at that university and if they accept, they can change this for you on your UCAS application without you needing to cancel anything.

- Rosie

Hi thanks sn for replying. Unfortunately it has been well over 14 days and I'm seriously kicking myself in the foot that I didn't know cancelling/submitting was an option (cry emoji).The course I want to do is completely different from the originally applied to ones so this won't work. I'm going to try and contact UCAS and submit an exceptional circumstance form
Original post by lilyrose270

What bit is ambiguous?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending