The Student Room Group

whats the best way to find love in university?

l am in 3rd year of uni and I want to find love, what is the best way to find love in uni?
Reply 1
I know a lot has been knocked on the head for covid .......

Does your Uni social section have singles nights or speed dating nights (online?)

Scroll down the activities section and find the ones that float your boat - find someone who would go along with you for a few sessions and get yourself out there: Wild swimming; chess; beginner surfing; chicken keeping; gardening; sewing; catering ......

Volunteer activities (Red Cross; Age UK; RSPCA; RNLI)

Any fund raising sponsored events helping with props, taking part, getting sponsors.

Pretend you are never going to find your soul mate (or practice runs) until you are 60! Stop thinking about it or you will emit the vibes - 'desperate'

Just ignore the 'finding love bit' and concentrate of finding new faces and new experiences. Take an interest in any activities - something external to you and find something you are totally interested and passionate about - this is a real attractive quality to others. Once you have found the thing that floats your boat it can take you further afield - Nationally and also around the world with conferences etc Let lady luck do the rest. Don't search for love just enjoy your life and someone will fall into your path and walk alongside you (and with you) Just like Peter Kay and The Road to Amarillo (endless joy watching it) - Love can sneak up from behind you and ambush you when you least expect it. So don't worry - Be natural, don't force it, be honest and just be you. It might not happen in Year 3 but somewhere down the line you will.
what they said ^ :smile:

in my experience you cant make anything happen but you can "increase your likelihood of success" - do whatever it takes to increase that likelihood

However - there was someone at Uni I really wanted to date but they had been a mate since Freshers week. Didn't realise they felt the same way until 3 years later I was in a nasty car crash, they drove all the way to the hospital (it was a fair way) and we never looked back - so things can be right under your nose too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending