The Student Room Group

Feeling left out?

Currently in 2nd year of university and living with the best people I love. But unfortunately, I feel like I been left out so I resort to online apps to make myself or keep myself busy from time to time? I wonder what's the best way to find that bond again? Many thanks,
Abdulsamad Afolabi
Original post by 2838676907
Currently in 2nd year of university and living with the best people I love. But unfortunately, I feel like I been left out so I resort to online apps to make myself or keep myself busy from time to time? I wonder what's the best way to find that bond again? Many thanks,
Abdulsamad Afolabi

Hello, I'm sorry you're feeling left out. Have you tried joining some societies? They can help because you're with people with similar interests and as you're doing something there's a reduced social pressure. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.
Abdulsamad Afolabi

Hi there

I am sorry to hear that you feel left out. It can be normal to hang around your friends more or less often. Especially given that it is your second year, your friends are likely to be busier.

I would recommend arranging times to study together, or hang out together. You need not go out with the whole group all the time, maybe just one or two friends at the moment would get you back into hanging around with them. Take advantage of any interesting society events or other events hosted by University that you can attend together.

Hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by University of York
Hello, I'm sorry you're feeling left out. Have you tried joining some societies? They can help because you're with people with similar interests and as you're doing something there's a reduced social pressure. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

thank u
Abdulsamad Afolabi

Hi there,

One way to find that bond again is by actively engaging with your housemates and initiating activities together. Try organizing movie nights, cooking sessions, or game nights where everyone can participate and have fun. Additionally, consider joining clubs or societies that align with your interests. This can provide opportunities to meet new people and form connections outside of your living situation. Remember, building and maintaining relationships takes effort from all parties involved. Be open, communicate your feelings, and make an effort to spend quality time together.

Best of luck!

Ilya :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending