The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey and Oxfordbrookes, Which one should I choose to go?

I got offers from these two unis for masters degree in hotel management.
I hear Surrey is higher at its uni ranking but I am not sure of the exact conditions since I am an international student. If you are a graduate or currently going to those universities, could you share your opinions?
Original post by Anonymous
I got offers from these two unis for masters degree in hotel management.
I hear Surrey is higher at its uni ranking but I am not sure of the exact conditions since I am an international student. If you are a graduate or currently going to those universities, could you share your opinions?

Hi there,

To introduce myself I'm Joao, and I'm also an international student. In my final year studying BSc Economics at Surrey University, I am working as a Campus Ambassador for JP Morgan. In addition, I recently finished my one-year industrial placement as an Economist for the British Government Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra). I also had the opportunity to work as a Private Secretary to the Minister of Environment and Biosecurity.

In our globalised world, hotels are in increasing demand and compete to set the benchmark for customer experience. At the same time, they need to cater to all cultures and tastes. Our International Hotel Management MSc provides you with the knowledge and skills you need to become an industry leader. Combining our academic expertise and impressive network of industry connections will help you develop an advanced level of understanding of hotel operations and the strategic management of global businesses needed to succeed in this dynamic sector. As a result, we are ranked in the top 10 by the QS World University Rankings 2020 and 3rd in the Shanghai RankiRanking'sal Ranking of Academic Subjects 2021 for hospitality and tourism management.

Dynamic management practices are crucial to successfully managing global hotel companies. We will facilitate your development in the competencies and skillsets that international organisations in the hospitality business are looking for, focusing on operations management, service delivery systems and strategic management practices from around the world. Hospitality management will be looked at from ethical, financial and technological considerations through research and practice towards creating effective systems. You'll also learn about the current contexts and challenges facing hotel managers in their decision-making and how to consider the value of alternative approaches to business. By the time you graduate, you will be equipped to take on the challenges and make your mark on the industry.

If you have any questions about Surrey or uni life in general, please ask as I can help you out!:smile:

Joao
Economics
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending