The Student Room Group

Can I reapply for a different Uni course?

I had a last minute discussion with my uni advisers and they want me to change my uni course to widen my opportunities in the future (I agree on this front entirely I’m just pissed bc they brought it up so late lol).

Anyways, through UCAS I’ve already received offers from my 5 unis on the course I was going to apply for; am I still allowed to reapply for a different course even if I’ve already received offers? I haven’t accepted any of the previous offers so I’m in a weird purgatory state.

I had asked my adviser but he was being very confusing about it and just concluded to call UCAS but they aren’t answering. I’ve also already called the unis I plan to apply for and they’ve all given me the go ahead to apply for the course.

What am I meant to do now? Do I wait for UCAS extra? Do I decline all my offers now?

Thank you in advance!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by melonpann
I had a last minute discussion with my uni advisers and they want me to change my uni course to widen my opportunities in the future (I agree on this front entirely I’m just pissed bc they brought it up so late lol).

Anyways, through UCAS I’ve already received offers from my 5 unis on the course I was going to apply for; am I still allowed to reapply for a different course even if I’ve already received offers? I haven’t accepted any of the previous offers so I’m in a weird purgatory state.

I had asked my adviser but he was being very confusing about it and just concluded to call UCAS but they aren’t answering. I’ve also already called the unis I plan to apply for and they’ve all given me the go ahead to apply for the course.

What am I meant to do now? Do I wait for UCAS extra? Do I decline all my offers now?

Thank you in advance!

Do any of your 5 unis offer your new course? If so, you can ring them up and ask to swap.
1) You can only change Unis on an existing choice if you are within 14 days of applying to UCAS.
2) You can only add a totally new choice at this stage if you have not used all of your 5 choices - and the course at that Uni is still open.
3) If you want to switch courses at a Uni you have already applied to, you must phone/email the individual Unis - this has nothing to do with UCAS,
Reply 3
its best to call up the unis and ask them directly
Reply 4
its best to call the unis and ask them directly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending