The Student Room Group

Foundation course

If I do my foundation year at one university can I reapply to do the full degree at another?
Original post by Lia100322
If I do my foundation year at one university can I reapply to do the full degree at another?

You can reapply but foundation YEARS aren’t a recognised transferable qualification. Not all universities accept foundation years from other universities. Resitting A levels is usually a better and less expensive option.
(edited 11 months ago)
No if you want to transfer you’ll need to wait until the end of your first year on the full degree.
Original post by jonathanemptage
No if you want to transfer you’ll need to wait until the end of your first year on the full degree.

That isn’t true - it just depends on whether another university will accept the foundation year.
Reply 4
how can I find out if a uni will accept my foundation year?
Reply 5
As above, Foundation years are not a 'national qualification' like A levels and they are of wildly different academic standards. And all Unis know this.

If you are planning to use a Foundation year to then 'upgrade' to a Uni with higher entry requirements, then you are likely to be wasting your time - 'better' Unis are very picky about the Foundation years they will accept, and some will not accept any at all.
Original post by Lia100322
how can I find out if a uni will accept my foundation year?

You would need to ask each university directly.

Some universities will tell you where students have transferred to following their foundation year in the past but that’s not a guarantee that it would still be accepted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending