The Student Room Group

Can't get a boyfriend because of having a high body count

I admit I have slept with so many people but now I want to settle down, however I cannot seem to get a boyfriend, when potential ones come along they find out about my body count and are put off, I even had one call me a dirty slut, how do I get a boyfriend? and one that will accept me for who I am?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I admit I have slept with so many people but now I want to settle down, however I cannot seem to get a boyfriend, when potential ones come along they find out about my body count and are put off, I even had one call me a dirty slut, how do I get a boyfriend? and one that will accept me for who I am?

Wow, I am so sorry you've had that experience. There is nothing wrong with a woman or a man sleeping with lots of people. If it's safe, sane and consentual, who on earth cares. Anyone who would call you that isn't worth a moment of your time. I'm sorry you've been told that, that's so incorrect and cruel. Meet people as you do, but don't waste your time on those who would degrade you for something you have 0 reason to be ashamed about! I wish you the best of luck <3
Don't tell people your body count or just lie.

Find a stud
I see both sides. I agree you should do what you want and sleep with who you want BUT that has consequences. I'd not buy a car that had 20 pervious owners.......
Original post by Apachecow
I see both sides. I agree you should do what you want and sleep with who you want BUT that has consequences. I'd not buy a car that had 20 pervious owners.......

Yes because people are objects, smh
Reply 6

it's not a big deal
but just don't tell them, you're not obliged to
There are so many compatible single guys in the dating sea whose dealbreakers & relationship preferences will be focused on your ambitions, personality and physical appearance rather than your sexual history. :smile:
Don't forget that different people have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.

There are plenty of single guys in the dating sea who you are yet to meet, many of whom will have reasonable manners and be keen to get to know you.
Try to chat with as many single people as you can, offline and online.
Always listen to what your gut instinct is telling you and use your common sense.
If you get a bad vibes or any creeps asking you for explicit pics/sending unsolicited d*** pics- cut all contact.
Same with guys that insult you or won't take no for an answer.

Refine your dealbreakers to focus on what you are looking for in a bf and relationship.
Have an interesting profile if you use dating sites and upload your best photos, with at least 4 headshot photos focusing on your face and hairstyle.
Remember that you don't owe anyone your time or attention.
There is no obligation to share information about your past private life or relationship history.
Don't allow anyone to make you feel pressured into agreeing to go on a date if you don't find them attractive or have serious doubt about their personality/ elements of their lifestyle preferences.
Good luck!
Original post by Ciel.
it's not a big deal

It's a big deal for some people. If you are getting into a relationship with someone I feel there is an obligation for honesty.

My god, welcome to this episode of what will women be compared to today. On yesterday's episode, a lock opened by many keys, today, we are now a Volkswagen tiguan.
Reply 10
crying :<

Spoiler

Reply 11
It's a big deal for some people. If you are getting into a relationship with someone I feel there is an obligation for honesty.

i've slept with hundreds of people. does my current bf know? no. does not knowing hurt him in any way? nope.
Original post by Ciel.
it's not a big deal

Ciel is right to an extent.
Your SO shouldn't be obsessed with how many people you've slept with, and I would say that if they ask you that, throw the question back at them and see how they respond to it.
But being honest is also important. If they ditch you because you slept with people other than them I think it's a bit of a red flag and you were better without them.
Don't tell people your body count or just lie.

There's no point lying to appease an incompatible date or trying to trick someone into a relationship built upon dishonesty.
When the truth comes out, the person who lied will find that their credibility has been decimated and all trust built up during the relationship utterly destroyed.
Leaving only anger, bitterness and negative emotions about being duped or manipulated.
Best never to go into details of past number of sexual partners.
it is just like going to an interview for a job. you are not going to telll the boss about any of your bad habits and it will not count as lying.
same here just start a fresh start and do not say anyhing about how many u slept with
I’m sure there are guys who don’t care or have slept with more

Without numbers and ur age it’s hard to tell
There’s a difference between not being able to keep it in your trousers and not wanting to. And doesn’t necessarily mean you aren’t or can’t be stable :s-smilie:
i think guys sleep with more girls .who agrees
If you can’t do the time, then don’t do the crime.

Spoiler

If you can’t do the time, then don’t do the crime.

Spoiler

?
?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending