The Student Room Group

mentally tired: burned out for GCSE MOCKS

my mocks start tomorrow. i am a grade 8/9 student and i have performed successfully for the past 2 mock weeks that i have had.
however, i am so so tired and drained and my mocks start tomorrow. i have done an adequate amount of revision, but i feel that i could do more (of course i always feel as if i could do more) but i feel so tired and i have no energy.
i have english language paper 2 tomorrow AQA and i did prepare for it but not as much as i have hoped to :/

any suggestions

(this is on anon as i said to this user that i wouldn't go on tsr so i could revise)
Reply 1
Have a good sleep, and continue the grind. Eat brain food like bananas, and try to find motivation, and you’ll be alright
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
my mocks start tomorrow. i am a grade 8/9 student and i have performed successfully for the past 2 mock weeks that i have had.
however, i am so so tired and drained and my mocks start tomorrow. i have done an adequate amount of revision, but i feel that i could do more (of course i always feel as if i could do more) but i feel so tired and i have no energy.
i have english language paper 2 tomorrow AQA and i did prepare for it but not as much as i have hoped to :/

any suggestions

(this is on anon as i said to this user that i wouldn't go on tsr so i could revise)

yeah I feel you
just have a rest this evening - you can do well in english without much revision at all tbh...

any suggestions

Well, first of all, it's good that you have an accountability partner (even though you aren't exactly following the rules). That fact that you've done what you think is adequate revision is great.

Maybe start strategically revising: only revise the subject you have the next day so you don't get too tired. Are you more of a night person or a morning person? If you work better in the morning, sleep early and wake up early or vice versa, but never go to bed later than 11pm or you'll be exhausted.

It's understandable to feel overwhelmed when you have high expectations of yourself; just take your mocks one test at a time and have a break if you can't focus (and get back to it after!)
Reply 4
Original post by Roses.Are.Red
Well, first of all, it's good that you have an accountability partner (even though you aren't exactly following the rules). That fact that you've done what you think is adequate revision is great.

Maybe start strategically revising: only revise the subject you have the next day so you don't get too tired. Are you more of a night person or a morning person? If you work better in the morning, sleep early and wake up early or vice versa, but never go to bed later than 11pm or you'll be exhausted.

It's understandable to feel overwhelmed when you have high expectations of yourself; just take your mocks one test at a time and have a break if you can't focus (and get back to it after!)

more of a morning person definitely but school starts tomorrow (i just had holidays and i've been doing pretty much solid revision).
almost every time i have mocks/ in mock season, i have so many breakdowns, i stress out so much and cry. i know how bad it is but it seems almost worth it in the end as i get amazingly good grades! i just get so tired especially today :/
more of a morning person definitely but school starts tomorrow (i just had holidays and i've been doing pretty much solid revision).
almost every time i have mocks/ in mock season, i have so many breakdowns, i stress out so much and cry. i know how bad it is but it seems almost worth it in the end as i get amazingly good grades! i just get so tired especially today :/

This is the first time I've come across someone who is almost exactly like me on this forum😂
I also get very tired after 4pm, and that combined with being a procrastinator is a recipe for disaster especially during exams! I'm still in the process of learning what works best for me in terms of focusing, but one thing I've learnt is that the hardest part is starting. I sometimes spend more time thinking about how I'm going to go about doing things than actually doing them,. but under pressure(like in exams) I don't have that issue. Just remember that doing something is always better than nothing.
You can also PM me if you ever want to talk.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending