The Student Room Group

How my wellbeing is going in 2022/2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
@BurstingBubbles

I had last workout session on Friday and resting now due to tired legs.

On Tuesday I will be back and have written out workout plan to keep in motion.

The solution is to keep going. Before Work in the afternoon, I will have a session.

So far I have eaten a lot of veg. Plenty of greens to have with Lunch and Tea.

Now using Fruit Punch for workouts to boost performance.
Original post by JVM2020
@BurstingBubbles

I had last workout session on Friday and resting now due to tired legs.

On Tuesday I will be back and have written out workout plan to keep in motion.

The solution is to keep going. Before Work in the afternoon, I will have a session.

So far I have eaten a lot of veg. Plenty of greens to have with Lunch and Tea.

Now using Fruit Punch for workouts to boost performance.

PRSOM!

Good luck, keep going :biggrin:
Reply 22
@BurstingBubbles Did quick exercise in the Gym for half an hour on machines then had to get going for Work.

Continuing on 05/05/2022 with exercise.

Have got a supplement called Fruit Punch for pre-workout.
Original post by JVM2020
Today I see a progress in my wellbeing.

-Plenty of warm water daily
-Regular cups of green tea with lemon
-Regular movement. 20 press ups a day.
-Regular strength training in the Gym
-Regular breaks from PC screen at Work
-Keeping on top of all cleaning etc

This is so far my wellbeing. Yesterday was a high cardio session in the Gym and feel some tone coming on since my front was bouncing.

I've seen a lot of people having warm water daily, whats the benefits of warm over cold or room temperature?
Reply 24
Original post by elisa_shay_88
I've seen a lot of people having warm water daily, whats the benefits of warm over cold or room temperature?

The benefit of warm water is increase in metabolism. You do this in cold weather to keep your immune system boosted.

Cold water in winter doesn't help when you are cold but warm water will be your substitute in Winter.

@BurstingBubbles I am doing a full body session in the Gym this afternoon. So far so good.

Always take a cool shower after your workout, ideally in the Gym itself if showers are available. One Gym I attended 10 years ago had no shower.
Reply 25
@BurstingBubbles

Workout done!

my mental health did decline earlier due to being overrun at Work and deadline due. However I've got a cup of tea now to help me settle down with Work.

Please, everybody reading this, please take care of your mental wellbeing and don't feel afraid to reach out to Mental Health first aiders.
Reply 26
@BurstingBubbles

I feel a lot happier today. Heatwave is starting, had smoothie with breakfast then Lunch before starting Work has been cheese and cucumber toastie.

Green foods such as Lettuce and Cucmber contain nitric oxide. These are good for your bowel.

Keep eating fruit and vegetable to help your bowel health. This will reduce constipation. Remember that if you are just starting, the result you want will not be instant. Always be patient and give the result time to show its colour.
Love the weather getting warmer :love:
Reply 28
@BurstingBubbles Boxing session today after Work. De-stressed from Work but still feel odd.

This session started with a range of moves before hitting and kicking the bag throughout my session.

Did some yoga stretches afterwards. Now to shortly get a long sleep in the next 3 hours as I had a long drive over the weekend.
Reply 29
@BurstingBubbles

Went to the Gym yesterday for another session.

Walked to shops and back on my lunch break and generally reduced use of car for unnecessary journeys.

Tuesday was a day in Office. There is no need to stop pursuing wellbeing. It is needed.
Original post by JVM2020
@BurstingBubbles

Went to the Gym yesterday for another session.

Walked to shops and back on my lunch break and generally reduced use of car for unnecessary journeys.

Tuesday was a day in Office. There is no need to stop pursuing wellbeing. It is needed.

Well done on the gym session - what workouts did you do at the gym? :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Well done on the gym session - what workouts did you do at the gym? :smile:

Yesterday was a weights session. Today was a long walk with some stretches.

I feel at peace right now due to exercise routine.

I advise all who are reading, to take time out daily to give yourself 'Me time' to help restore good frame of mind.
Reply 32
@BurstingBubbles Today, I had to choose between leg exercises and kickboxing/ muay thai.

I chose Muay Thai.

Spend a good time stretching before each workout to minimise risk of injury and optimise performance.

Boxing will help your co-ordination in Life. My session was on the bag with a number of punches and kicks. If you sweat fast, you are doing it right.

For kicks, keep one arm up and other by your side to help focus your kick on the bag / pad.
Reply 33
@BurstingBubbles

Today was refining techniques on exercise. I had a clear head at the weekend as a result of the tricks to a successful workout.

Always stretch before the beginning of any workout. Count any rep of stretching to keep yourself in motion.

I have just done a session now on back and legs. When you stretch before a workout, you will feel the absolute vibe of your workout, no soreness and no unnecessary suffering. I noticed weight loss today afterwards but noticed more KG gained due to dumbell work.

Be mindful that muscle will always weigh more than fat in KG.
Reply 34
@BurstingBubbles Had another workout today. More muay thai today. Although legs were a little store, I feel my kicking technique was just better than previously.

Muay thai will have you sweating in no time. If you are kicking the bag, you should do it barefoot or wearing shinguards in order to avoid damaging the bag.

Stretches will always improve your workout performance, both before and after.

The lockdown weight has virtually dropped off!

Stay on your feet at all times if you are in boxing. Don't back down, treat the bag as though it is your opponent who is going to strike you.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 35
@BurstingBubbles I didnt have a lot of movement yesterday. Was sorting out a lot of personal things. Was then at Work from 2pm until 10pm.

Today I had a weight lifting session in the Gym. Was nice to be out in the fresh air going to and from the Gym.

After a lot of sessions, I have felt mentally balanced and able.

Regular exercsie will help you in your Productivity. This allowed me to channel my mindset into things I can do for my team at Work.
Original post by JVM2020
@BurstingBubbles I didnt have a lot of movement yesterday. Was sorting out a lot of personal things. Was then at Work from 2pm until 10pm.

Today I had a weight lifting session in the Gym. Was nice to be out in the fresh air going to and from the Gym.

After a lot of sessions, I have felt mentally balanced and able.

Regular exercsie will help you in your Productivity. This allowed me to channel my mindset into things I can do for my team at Work.

Sounds really positive! I need to try going to the gym again soon. I used to go quite a lot a number of years ago but fell out of the habit of it :redface:
Hi guys, I'd like to start going gym but i don't know where to start. Any tips?
Reply 38
@BurstingBubbles Have been at Home watching Game of Thrones to enjoy my time out of Work.

did go on a treadmill for 10 minutes to keep going and a little but of gardening done.

next stop should be Monday straight after Work.
Original post by JVM2020
@BurstingBubbles Have been at Home watching Game of Thrones to enjoy my time out of Work.

did go on a treadmill for 10 minutes to keep going and a little but of gardening done.

next stop should be Monday straight after Work.

PRSOM. Sounds great, I find gardening quite therapeutic and can actually be quite decent exercise :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending