The Student Room Group

How my wellbeing is going in 2022/2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
@BurstingBubbles I had a session this evening for Muay Thai on the bag.

started with a few warm ups including jumping jacks to set the motion and jumping on the spot. While barefoot, started jabbing the bag.

I timed kicks on the bag. Threw on some Russian twists and squats.

I recommend fruit punch supplements before a workout. These can be upto £30 from Amazon.
Reply 41
@BurstingBubbles visited another site for Work today.

Packed plenty of fruit and took many walks from Desk.

Now the evening is rest evening :smile:
Original post by JVM2020
@BurstingBubbles visited another site for Work today.

Packed plenty of fruit and took many walks from Desk.

Now the evening is rest evening :smile:

That's great! What sort of fruit? :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by BurstingBubbles
That's great! What sort of fruit? :biggrin:

@BurstingBubbles I had Tangerines and a banana as fruit.

I went to the Gym this afternoon for a cool off and worked on weight training. Have done upper body and back today.

Back exercises such as lat pull downs are a real strength exercise. Think of it as a power exercise.

You can still enjoy some snacks when staying healthy to enjoy a night in.
Reply 44
@BurstingBubbles Was out of the Gym today. Instead I had a nice 30 minute walk round the Block on my lunchbrrak at Work.

Restored my state of mind with gardening. Gardening can be therapeutic, especially in warm weather.
This week has been a mix of free time and important exercise opportunities. On Tuesday I took part in a Zumba class and on Thursday I participated in a weekly exercise class for disabled people (I’m physically impaired and proud of it).
Reply 46
@BurstingBubbles I had a rather nice walk around Oxford today.

A fun city to go. Will be back gyming after this weekend.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 47
@BurstingBubbles I was hoping for a workout today but didnt have the time due to personal commitments.

Have managed a big breakfast of Hash browns and chicken.

Tomorrow will hopefully be a gym session just before I go to Work.
Reply 48
@BurstingBubbles Had my session today in thai boxing. Then some yoga stretches afterwards.

I am now feeling weight dropping off more thanks to today's session. Persevrance continues.

Stretches are essential to pre and post workout routines. Carry out your stretches to avoid any injury.

For boxing, stay on your feet and dont stop or slow down, keep your guard up and face the bag / pad / opponent without fear. Keep your hands in front of your face as though you were in a match so you will not be taken down.
Original post by JVM2020
@BurstingBubbles Had my session today in thai boxing. Then some yoga stretches afterwards.

I am now feeling weight dropping off more thanks to today's session. Persevrance continues.

Stretches are essential to pre and post workout routines. Carry out your stretches to avoid any injury.

For boxing, stay on your feet and dont stop or slow down, keep your guard up and face the bag / pad / opponent without fear. Keep your hands in front of your face as though you were in a match so you will not be taken down.

PRSOM! Keep up the good work :smile:
Reply 50
@BurstingBubbles Day off exercise today due to commitments.

Work started at 1pm and on until 9pm.

Have remembered to add Cucumber into my sandwich today.

Fruit and vegetable will prove your bowel health. Mix it in with all your meals. it doesn't have to be expensive.

Stay consistent with your diet.
Original post by JVM2020
Today I see a progress in my wellbeing.

-Plenty of warm water daily
-Regular cups of green tea with lemon
-Regular movement. 20 press ups a day.
-Regular strength training in the Gym
-Regular breaks from PC screen at Work
-Keeping on top of all cleaning etc

This is so far my wellbeing. Yesterday was a high cardio session in the Gym and feel some tone coming on since my front was bouncing.

That's awesome. Maintaing a routine makes such a difference. And many things are easy to implement with a high-yield reward.
Reply 52
@BurstingBubbles I am back in the Gym today after a TV binge to watch the Jubilee and Britain's got talent final. Congrats to Axel Lake!

Today was back strength in the Gym.

If available as I did today at Work to catch up on bits and pieces, take time out of Work discreetly while on Break. This is for self care and it does make a difference.

Make sure you have a structure in place to keep your mental health together. My team are working on this, following consultations with Mental health first aid.

And looking hopeful, I should have a meeting at Work regarding new job opportunities this Friday.

You just have to keep going under all circumstances so you can prevail.
Reply 53
@BurstingBubbles I had a high Cardio session today.

After being in my feet for an hour, there was still plenty of burn left.

You don't have to exercise till you drop. The day was hot so wanted to keep up Cardio work.

I did have a hectic day at Work so an intense workout definitely was waiting for me.

You will stay well if you eat well. Keep on exercising where possible.

Today I took extra 20 minutes out of break. Do it every day at discretion if you can. You need your 'You time'. Put yourself first.
Reply 54
@BurstingBubbles I have been off Gym since Wednesday.

did go for a long walk on Friday and been in back garden regularly.

Friday allowed me to treat to a Chinese for the night with some Netflix:smile:
Reply 55
@BurstingBubbles

Done a 30 minute cardio session tonight. Have to keep going with the way the World moves.

We live in a world that goes at 100mph. It's how we tackle what Life throws at us. A workout can help take the stress away.
Original post by JVM2020
@BurstingBubbles

Done a 30 minute cardio session tonight. Have to keep going with the way the World moves.

We live in a world that goes at 100mph. It's how we tackle what Life throws at us. A workout can help take the stress away.

Well done for keeping up with the workouts :biggrin:
Reply 57
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Well done for keeping up with the workouts :biggrin:

@BurstingBubbles Today was an Office today. I managed to take an hour out of my schedule to be in the Sun outside.

When a new season approaches, depression can approach some of us. Summer in particular can be hard.

To help you cope, you can get Vitamin D from the Sun. Vitamin D is a mood booster and will reduce cancer cell growth.

Vitamin D is crucial for optimal health. It is crafted from cholesterol.
Reply 58
@BurstingBubbles Today was another gym session, 2nd one of the week.

Started off with crosstrainer for 8 minutes followed by a few minutes on Incline on treadmill before finally doing weights / machines for the rest of the session.

8 minutes a lone on a crosstrainer wont wear your legs out if you are looking for it in order to stay healthy. Spend a few times on a treadmill after to clear your head. Those legs need a good workout if you sit down a lot in your day job or personal life.
Reply 59
@BurstingBubbles Despite the heatwave, I have had another workout before heading to Work.

Today was a high cardio session, consisting of much jogging on the spot and jumping jacks, followed by some yoga positions.

Yoga is spiritual and helps with mindfulness. If you are unsure where to start, check out Youtube for many gurus who will show you Yoga. Even booking a yoga class will be a good start.

If you are cash strapped and dont want to pay for sessions, many yoga experts distribute youtube videos daily for your benefit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending