The Student Room Group

Should I feel guilty

I lied to my boyfriend for 7 months. It was regarding boys I’ve been with in the past, I just didn’t want him to think bad of me so I lied to him and swore to him that I was telling the truth.

He found out the truth a few days ago and broke up with me, but he didn’t tell me he found out. He broke up with me because of a different reason which I now know that he made up bc he didn’t want to tell me the real reason.

I now found out he’s been with his ex for the past days. They had sex and everything. He’s saying I don’t have the right to say anything because I’m a liar. I am aware we are broken up but how can you do that literally couple days after breaking up with someone you claim you love.

I feel guilty because I ****ed up the relationship but he’s in the wrong too right? How can he switch off his feelings and get back with his ex that quick. It’s not that they just had sex, they’ve been seeing each other everyday for the past days.
Original post by Anonymous
I lied to my boyfriend for 7 months. It was regarding boys I’ve been with in the past, I just didn’t want him to think bad of me so I lied to him and swore to him that I was telling the truth.

He found out the truth a few days ago and broke up with me, but he didn’t tell me he found out. He broke up with me because of a different reason which I now know that he made up bc he didn’t want to tell me the real reason.

I now found out he’s been with his ex for the past days. They had sex and everything. He’s saying I don’t have the right to say anything because I’m a liar. I am aware we are broken up but how can you do that literally couple days after breaking up with someone you claim you love.

I feel guilty because I ****ed up the relationship but he’s in the wrong too right? How can he switch off his feelings and get back with his ex that quick. It’s not that they just had sex, they’ve been seeing each other everyday for the past days.

He’s not in the wrong. You built your relationship on a lie and have to live with the consequences. Next time when you are asked these questions, you answer completely and truthfully. Different people have different red lines and lies can be dealbreakers for some people regardless of gender.
Original post by Anonymous

You shouldn’t have lied, however if he was able to run back to his ex and have sex with her in a matter of days were you two really right for each other? Hope that helps you move on x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending