The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Biomedical Sciences 2022

Hi is there anyone who’s going to do Biomed or Biochem at UCL from Sept 2022 on?
Just wanna liaise with ppl because I haven’t seen any gc for freshers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muyang D
Hi is there anyone who’s going to do Biomed or Biochem at UCL from Sept 2022 on?

Waiting for an offer, really would like one. Do you know anyone who has ?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I literally don’t 😔
All I know is some courses have already done giving out offer. For example Bioprocessing of New Medicine.
I emailed Biomed since I’m actually a current student. So if there’s any clue I’ll tell you😢
By the way are you applying for Biomed or Biochem?I applied for Biochem last year with predicted grades A*AAA but got offer with cons AAA only. So it’s not that hard relax haha🤨🤨
I literally don’t 😔
All I know is some courses have already done giving out offer. For example Bioprocessing of New Medicine.
I emailed Biomed since I’m actually a current student. So if there’s any clue I’ll tell you😢
By the way are you applying for Biomed or Biochem?I applied for Biochem last year with predicted grades A*AAA but got offer with cons AAA only. So it’s not that hard relax haha🤨🤨

I am applying for Biomed, as I am predicted AAA do you think it should be okay then?
Reply 4
I think it’s fine because it meets the official entry requirements. However the applicants are really strong😫. I have a friend from Biomed 2021 who was predicted with 4 A*😫😫
Actually UCL biosciences applicants are really strong 😢 In Biochem 2021 half of my coursemates are Oxbridge rejects and were rejected after attending interview. Most of them have IB 40+ and AL all A*s😖😖😖😖
That explains why I’m so *****y😫😫
But anyway don’t worry
I also have a friend who was predicted with AAB applied for Social Science with Data Science last year and she got in🥳. Note the predicted grade is just the same as the official entry requirements nothing higher🧐
We both think the reason why she got in is because her personal statement is sooooo good
So anything is possible.
Maybe your personal statement catch their eyes or some award you mentioned does🧐
Good luck btw
Reply 5
I literally don’t 😔

I am also waiting for a reply for bio med from UCL.
Reply 6

I have applied for it. Waiting for a reply now
Original post by Sana1006

Do you know anyone who has been accepted ? Also if you don’t mind me asking what are your predicted grades? :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Anna.louiise
Do you know anyone who has been accepted ? Also if you don’t mind me asking what are your predicted grades? :smile:

No, no one so far. I got a regret letter from Imperial this morning for bioChem.
My predicted grades are 93%. I am international student based in Belgium
No, no one so far. I got a regret letter from Imperial this morning for bioChem.
My predicted grades are 93%. I am international student based in Belgium

No clue what 93% means but it is high aha. I had no idea regret letters exist.
No clue what 93% means but it is high aha. I had no idea regret letters exist.

What about you?
What about you?

I’m predicted AAA which is exact grades they want but I know people have higher
I’m predicted AAA which is exact grades they want but I know people have higher

Great 👍🏻
I think it’s fine because it meets the official entry requirements. However the applicants are really strong😫. I have a friend from Biomed 2021 who was predicted with 4 A*😫😫
Actually UCL biosciences applicants are really strong 😢 In Biochem 2021 half of my coursemates are Oxbridge rejects and were rejected after attending interview. Most of them have IB 40+ and AL all A*s😖😖😖😖
That explains why I’m so *****y😫😫
But anyway don’t worry
I also have a friend who was predicted with AAB applied for Social Science with Data Science last year and she got in🥳. Note the predicted grade is just the same as the official entry requirements nothing higher🧐
We both think the reason why she got in is because her personal statement is sooooo good
So anything is possible.
Maybe your personal statement catch their eyes or some award you mentioned does🧐
Good luck btw

Awww babes I'm so sorry to hear that ☹️ xx.
Did they get to do NCS or DofE, maybe that's why they got rejected?
Are you sure they got their diary signed in year 7? I sure did all the time x 🙂

Wishing you the best xx

Coming from a Medicine applicant. 🙂
Original post by Prof.Police
Awww babes I'm so sorry to hear that ☹️ xx.
Did they get to do NCS or DofE, maybe that's why they got rejected?
Are you sure they got their diary signed in year 7? I sure did all the time x 🙂

Wishing you the best xx

Coming from a Medicine applicant. 🙂

HAH love this!
Anyone heard anything ?

Got accepted today at UCL bio med
Anyone heard anything ?

Just got accepted
Just got accepted

Well done !!
Well done !!

Thank you 😊

Quick Reply

Latest