The Student Room Group

how to eat healthy when no one else in family does?

i’ve been trying to be in a calorie deficit and eat healthier but it’s hard when my family always cook extremely oily and high calorie meals. i try to cook for myself as often as i can, but a lot of the time we don’t have the ingredients that i need so i give up. also it’s hard to keep up with 2/3 meals a day with school and revision etc. i mainly eat instant ramen and boiled eggs literally every day cuz it’s easy, fills me up and not that high calorie. but its def not healthy (every day). i don’t know how some people do it.

i’m thinking of making a weekly meal plan or something and doing my own grocery shopping every week (only for me). but then my family might think it’s weird or take my ingredients and stuff so idk. does anyone have any advice or ideas for easy recipes? i always end up eating the same thing.
Original post by Anonymous
i’ve been trying to be in a calorie deficit and eat healthier but it’s hard when my family always cook extremely oily and high calorie meals. i try to cook for myself as often as i can, but a lot of the time we don’t have the ingredients that i need so i give up. also it’s hard to keep up with 2/3 meals a day with school and revision etc. i mainly eat instant ramen and boiled eggs literally every day cuz it’s easy, fills me up and not that high calorie. but its def not healthy (every day). i don’t know how some people do it.

i’m thinking of making a weekly meal plan or something and doing my own grocery shopping every week (only for me). but then my family might think it’s weird or take my ingredients and stuff so idk. does anyone have any advice or ideas for easy recipes? i always end up eating the same thing.

My brother eats a sugar free diet so he shops and creates his own menu and recipes. So I would recommend you explain to your family what your goal is and tell them not to touch your ingredients.
Reply 2
Why can’t you eat what your fam makes just in moderation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending