The Student Room Group

Kickstart

can you quit a kickstart scheme job before the 6 months period? As my employer says I can’t as I can face legal issues, is that even possible?
Reply 1
Original post by Nicoletamn
can you quit a kickstart scheme job before the 6 months period? As my employer says I can’t as I can face legal issues, is that even possible?

If you signed a contract to work for that minimum, if you did leave, they could go through with legal enforcements. I really doubt a company would bother though. But, try and do the 6 months.
I’m on a kickstart and my contract says I can leave whenever I want as long as I give a whole one months notice lmao. So I’d say double check your contract, but you probably should’ve made note of that before signing
Reply 3
The contract is a permanent contract it doesn’t state anything about kickstart, is just that I was hired to be for the six months on kickstart…
Oh right, you may have to hang in there an do the 6 months unfortunately. Do read through your contract and see what it says about leaving early to see if what you’ve been told is correct
Reply 5
The contract doesn’t mention the kickstart is just permanent contract which can be terminated anytime giving a 3 weeks notice plus there is a probation period of 3 months
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending