The Student Room Group

BurstingBubbles and shadowdweller got married (to each other!), ask us anything!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
congratulations to you both :smile:

Thank you so much :biggrin:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Ahhh how can I choose one??

I loved walking down the aisle, smiling back at all of our family and friends and then walking up to and focusing on @shadowdweller :love: during the ceremony there were times, when we were exchanging our vows, that I forgot that other people were in the room :lol: :heart:

I loved our speeches, first dance, all of the dancing that followed, and all of the food during the day too. It was just lovely to be surrounded by family and friends :daydreaming:

:heart:

This is so so lovely! Congratulations again :hugs:
Ooh, well normally if shadow has a yoghurt she gives me the lid to lick - but perhaps now we're married our relationship will evolve to this new, even more intimate, stage :mmm:

Do you have that special someone in your life to lick the lid together with? :beard:

i lick it myself to avoid squabbles among the honeys :h:
Oh wow how amazing! Love love love the sound of music :love:

Do you have set plans for a wedding (if so I'm sorry if I've missed that!), or is this a 'if/when' sort of plan? :biggrin:

I've only very recently begun to think about certain elements of a 'dream wedding', tbh. I planned out my whole funeral years ago but never really thought about weddings :colondollar: Tbh I still don't think I'll ever find anyone - and if I do, I'd probs just elope if she'd let me! I find attending weddings so stressful, let alone having to talk to hundreds of people :eek: - so I've only got as far as planning bits of the music (which would be a very important element for me) :musicus:
Congratulations :yes:

Slightly mystified by the related threads underneath this one though :lol:
Screenshot_20220429-202710_Chrome~2.jpg
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I've only very recently begun to think about certain elements of a 'dream wedding', tbh. I planned out my whole funeral years ago but never really thought about weddings :colondollar: Tbh I still don't think I'll ever find anyone - and if I do, I'd probs just elope if she'd let me! I find attending weddings so stressful, let alone having to talk to hundreds of people :eek: - so I've only got as far as planning bits of the music (which would be a very important element for me) :musicus:

I forgot to add a recent wedding development for me: Persephone would be the ring-bearer :biggrin: (Is ring-bearer even a thing? If not, it should be :colone: )

Original post by CoolCavy

Some epic threads there though :adore:
Original post by StrawberryDreams
:heart:

This is so so lovely! Congratulations again :hugs:

PRSOM :biggrin: :heart:
Original post by CoolCavy

Thank you :biggrin:

Haha amazing! Clearly in the theme of 'awesome threads', right? :ninja:

Well phew I hadn't missed something :tongue: but aww that's lovely still. I mean, fair enough about the funeral stuff, when my Dad passed away and we had to organise the funeral and he hadn't really told us what he'd want, my mum and I wrote down what we'd want too, just in case. And of course my Mum wants Dancing Queen at hers - I feel like you two would get on well :lol: Oh thankfully we didn't have hundreds of wedding guests, we had 70, which is about (maybe just under) average. But you could have a wedding with you, your partner, and two witnesses :yep:
Well phew I hadn't missed something :tongue: but aww that's lovely still. I mean, fair enough about the funeral stuff, when my Dad passed away and we had to organise the funeral and he hadn't really told us what he'd want, my mum and I wrote down what we'd want too, just in case. And of course my Mum wants Dancing Queen at hers - I feel like you two would get on well :lol: Oh thankfully we didn't have hundreds of wedding guests, we had 70, which is about (maybe just under) average. But you could have a wedding with you, your partner, and two witnesses :yep:

Your mum has awesome taste in music, cannot be denied! :awesome: Yeah in South Asian culture, if you have 200 people at your wedding that would probs be considered small (depending on what religion one is), haha :eek: Thankfully none of the Sri Lankan aunties/uncles/cousins/community would want to come to or probs even hear about my wedding (it being a gay marriage), which is a huge relief :colondollar: but I still have loads of friends from different parts of my life that I'd wanna invite, so that'd push the numbers back up again :facepalm:

I'm really glad you had a wonderful wedding! :h: 70 is a good number, methinks :beard: I might nick the idea of rainbow shoes off you and shadow, hope you don't mind :colone:
aww this is cute - congrats <3
Thank you! :woo: It was in the Forum Games section, specially in the Girls vs Boys thread :biggrin: :heart:

Which is your favourite section? :ninja:

:awesome: wowzah that's awesomeee
forum games ftw :danceboy:

ctam and a bit of gvb :biggrin:
Congratulations! I'm really happy for you!

If you don't mind me asking, what would you say is the most important thing in maintaining a long lasting relationship? I kinda wanna have a general idea before I start dating in University haha
Original post by sunshinehss
aww this is cute - congrats <3

Thank you :biggrin: :heart:
Your mum has awesome taste in music, cannot be denied! :awesome: Yeah in South Asian culture, if you have 200 people at your wedding that would probs be considered small (depending on what religion one is), haha :eek: Thankfully none of the Sri Lankan aunties/uncles/cousins/community would want to come to or probs even hear about my wedding (it being a gay marriage), which is a huge relief :colondollar: but I still have loads of friends from different parts of my life that I'd wanna invite, so that'd push the numbers back up again :facepalm:

I'm really glad you had a wonderful wedding! :h: 70 is a good number, methinks :beard: I might nick the idea of rainbow shoes off you and shadow, hope you don't mind :colone:

Oh blimey, I'm not sure that I could have coped with that amount of people :lol: Yeah I'd much rather have people there who loved me for being me!

Of course we don't mind, rainbows yay! :biggrin: :heart:
Original post by Ribbity
Congratulations! I'm really happy for you!

If you don't mind me asking, what would you say is the most important thing in maintaining a long lasting relationship? I kinda wanna have a general idea before I start dating in University haha

Thank you! :biggrin:

I'd say finding someone who has similar morals and aims in life e.g. do they want to travel, get married, have children etc - for a long term relationship it's good to be on the same page about that. Also having similar interests :yep: might sound cheesy but starting off as friends can help? :tongue:

I'd say it's quite rare to find someone at a young/uni age to then be with in the long run (it's something that worked for us and we're really lucky!) :smile:
Ahhh how can I choose one??

I loved walking down the aisle, smiling back at all of our family and friends and then walking up to and focusing on @shadowdweller :love: during the ceremony there were times, when we were exchanging our vows, that I forgot that other people were in the room :lol: :heart:

I loved our speeches, first dance, all of the dancing that followed, and all of the food during the day too. It was just lovely to be surrounded by family and friends :daydreaming:

:lovehug:
Original post by shadowdweller

What was your favourite part? :love:

I've answered all of the questions from my p.o.v, your turn now :mmm:
Original post by shadowdweller

What was your favourite part? :love:

I've answered all of the questions from my p.o.v, your turn now :mmm:

Can you two stop being so cute and rep-worthy, kthxbai :tongue: