Life after CIFAS CAT6

Watch this thread
katiesendo
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok so my 6 years sentence is almost up and I feel very hopeful as it’s been a struggle and I’ve come out of it in a decent position but….I saw a post somewhere saying people are still struggling to open a high street bank acc even with an expired marker. I’m getting really tired of this and just wanna get over this story arch lol and have a somewhat normal financial situation. So my question is what really happens after the marker “expires” and how do you go about getting a high street bank if you can get one? Or am I stuck on monzo for the rest of my days
struggler07
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by katiesendo)
Ok so my 6 years sentence is almost up and I feel very hopeful as it’s been a struggle and I’ve come out of it in a decent position but….I saw a post somewhere saying people are still struggling to open a high street bank acc even with an expired marker. I’m getting really tired of this and just wanna get over this story arch lol and have a somewhat normal financial situation. So my question is what really happens after the marker “expires” and how do you go about getting a high street bank if you can get one? Or am I stuck on monzo for the rest of my days
Heard after the cifas marker goes could take a bit longer to get everything back to normal since you haven’t had credit for 6 years so all together could take like 8 years to get back to normal
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by katiesendo)
As you note, just because the marker is gone doesn't mean that lenders will be snapping at your heels to open accounts for you.

Best advice is to have a read of the following guidance, then apply slowly to things rather than spamming every bank or card provider.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/lo...-credit-score/
katiesendo
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Ok so I should focus on improving my credit score, my score is actually very good with Experian just the equifax I’m struggling with. I heard banks hold onto information a bit longer than cifas, I’ll send some emails to cifas to get some clarification.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did the Edexcel A Level Further Maths Paper 3D exam go for you?

Great! (28)
29.47%
Quite well (35)
36.84%
Not so good (22)
23.16%
Terrible! (10)
10.53%

Watched Threads