submitted my last essay in final year

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I feel anxious and uneasy, it did not feel "triumphant" at all. anyone feel the same when they finished uni? T_T
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
same I finished my final year its gone so quick and for me its just been so depressing at the same time
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I didn't feel anxious, but I didn't feel anything. even when i submitted my PhD. Even when I defended my PhD, to be honest.
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gjd800)
I didn't feel anxious, but I didn't feel anything. even when i submitted my PhD. Even when I defended my PhD, to be honest.
What kind of sword did you use?
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Callicious)
What kind of sword did you use?
I used magic
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by gjd800)
I used magic
Wizardry eh? Lucky. All I have is $3,50 and a rusty railway spike.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Callicious)
Wizardry eh? Lucky. All I have is $3,50 and a rusty railway spike.
Can do real damage with that spike!
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Finishing uni can feel unsettling at first, because it honestly comes around so quick. Uni is a great experience, and it can be hard to know what to do once you are no longer a student. This would make anyone feel nervous, as you're going into the next chapter of your life. The feeling won't last though once you've figured out your next steps and you will feel proud of what you have accomplished when your certificate arrives and on your graduation day, celebrating with your peers, friends and family <3 So look back on all you have done, and think of what you have gained through your experiences, and how they will help you in the future.

If you don't know what you want to do yet, you could look into postgraduate study, or speak to your careers and employability team.

For now, read through some of these articles, they can help:
https://hellograds.com/news/finishin...20some%20point.
https://graduatecoach.co.uk/blog/fee...at-you-can-do/
https://graduatecoach.co.uk/blog/dep...0social%20life
https://hellograds.com/news/life-aft...duation-blues/

I hope this helps, and know that you are not alone in feeling this way, but it is temporary

- Rosie
Last edited by hallamstudents; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads