The Student Room Group

epq aqa ! please help

hello everyone, i still had a few questions about the extended project qualification, if anyone could help and answer i would appreciate it very much !

firstly, im specifically asking about aqa and my epq is due in a few days so im trying to finish up

1. what exactly do we have to submit for the whole epq project?
2. what are some things that could boost my marks or things examiners like to see?
3. what exactly is a literature review and where do i include this?
4. do i need to do an evaluation after my conclusion (what sort of thing would i say and how long should this be and is it part of the 5000 words)?
5. how do i evaluate my sources on their reliability exactly? for example do i do it in my bibliography?

sorry if these are some dumb questions, im just a bit stuck

thank you !
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 1
Your literature review should be at the start if I remember correctly where you are essentially evaluating your sources and leading on to point 5, my teacher said 5W's. This is When (is it still relevant), why (could the author have an alteria motive to write in the way that they did), what (is it saying), who (are they actually knowledgeable in the field or are they just some random on reddit) and where (if it is relevant in terms of geography).
(edited 1 year ago)
1. 5000 word essay or project + 1000 word essay
You also have to do logbook and presentation for both
2. Have a load of sources (that's what got me an a*)
3. Just like reviewing a source(s). I didn't include one but u can if u want.
4. Some people do an evaluation but I'd say that it's a waste of time and words
5. Bibliography is just putting in the links and stuff
But your evaluation and analysis is like can u and others trust it (not just scientific peers) for example
Also these aren't dumb questions dw you'll do great lmk if u need any more help xx
Reply 4
You could do a separate table for your Literature review.
Plenty of detail in the log is good.

Higher level analysis in the essay.

Some sort of time plan showing you planned and organised etc.

You could google AQA examiner's report on EPQ. These are helpful.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending