The Student Room Group

Changing schools or courses

. I’m almost at the end of yr12 now and I wanna know what would happen if I were to change courses or college now. I’m currently studying applied science but I’m behind on a lot of assignments and worry that I’ll have to repeat level 2 next year. If I change courses would I also have to repeat the year because I missed out on that course or will I continue with where the class is currently studying. I was also thinking about changing colleges but I’m not sure what exactly happens I don’t want to have to enrol with the 2022 classes but just shift to a different environment
Original post by Continuo
. I’m almost at the end of yr12 now and I wanna know what would happen if I were to change courses or college now. I’m currently studying applied science but I’m behind on a lot of assignments and worry that I’ll have to repeat level 2 next year. If I change courses would I also have to repeat the year because I missed out on that course or will I continue with where the class is currently studying. I was also thinking about changing colleges but I’m not sure what exactly happens I don’t want to have to enrol with the 2022 classes but just shift to a different environment

I guess you will have to repeat year 12 and start the course with the new entry students, because it’s too late in the year to change onto a different course and stay in the same year, as they’ll have finished their first year by now. If you change colleges and study the same course you can go into 2nd year with the rest of 2021 entry if you pass this year. But if you want to still change course and move to a new college, you will have to enrol with 2022 classes. I studied a levels at my sixth form and 3 months into year 12 decided I didn’t want to do a levels, and changed college and studied a new course, so I had to repeat year 12 with the new entry students rather than people who were in my year because I hadn’t competed first year. Hope this helps and good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by sashadivachic
I guess you will have to repeat year 12 and start the course with the new entry students, because it’s too late in the year to change onto a different course and stay in the same year, as they’ll have finished their first year by now. If you change colleges and study the same course you can go into 2nd year with the rest of 2021 entry if you pass this year. But if you want to still change course and move to a new college, you will have to enrol with 2022 classes. I studied a levels at my sixth form and 3 months into year 12 decided I didn’t want to do a levels, and changed college and studied a new course, so I had to repeat year 12 with the new entry students rather than people who were in my year because I hadn’t competed first year. Hope this helps and good luck.

Thank you for replying, my main issue is staying in college for too long so I guess I should just try my best to get to level 3 next year
Do you wanna switch courses because you don't like your course or because you don't want to redo Level 2? If it's the former, then look at all your options and see what you think is most applicable and which suits you the most in terms of ability and your love of it. If it's the latter, then you are going to have to redo the course regardless of whether you switch or not.
Reply 4
Original post by rakhtar061
Do you wanna switch courses because you don't like your course or because you don't want to redo Level 2? If it's the former, then look at all your options and see what you think is most applicable and which suits you the most in terms of ability and your love of it. If it's the latter, then you are going to have to redo the course regardless of whether you switch or not.

Tbh it’s both, im doing applied science and im interested in it but I just didn’t know I wouldn’t be able to handle the pressure of meeting the deadlines to all the assignments. So now I’m behind quite a few assignments also because I have zero motivation to study and revise
Original post by Continuo
Thank you for replying, my main issue is staying in college for too long so I guess I should just try my best to get to level 3 next year

You're welcome. It seems like you're struggling to cope with completing your assignments. I would suggest that you speak to your tutors about how you're feeling and they will try to help you. But you don't have to feel ashamed if you need to stay longer at college, everyone works at their own pace and are on their own journeys but you can still get to the same point in life as them or even better! You just need to give it your all, that's all you can do at the end of the day. Try your hardest to pass this year and you'll get onto level 3!! all the best
Reply 6
Original post by sashadivachic
You're welcome. It seems like you're struggling to cope with completing your assignments. I would suggest that you speak to your tutors about how you're feeling and they will try to help you. But you don't have to feel ashamed if you need to stay longer at college, everyone works at their own pace and are on their own journeys but you can still get to the same point in life as them or even better! You just need to give it your all, that's all you can do at the end of the day. Try your hardest to pass this year and you'll get onto level 3!! all the best

Thank youu, I’ll try my best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending