The Student Room Group

Personal statement advice

People continually say to specify your PS around which course you want to do, yet I can't even decide on a course!!

If I don't even know what course I want to do how can I appear passionate about something and follow the cliche 'i have wanted to do this ever since I was younger'
do you know what courses you are going to apply to with your personal statement?

you actually probably shoundn't say you have always wanted to do it since its a bit cliche and wouldn't be true in your case. you can try and highlight what interested you about the course and any work experience or courses you have done relating to it that made you want to pick that course. you have a lot of time still (assuming your just going into y13) so dont worry too much.
Yeah, i'm still trying to decide on a course, thats my main problem. It's hard to show you are passionate about a subject when you're really not sure what to do
(edited 1 year ago)
since you dont know what course you want yet maybe focus on the extracurricular and work experience part of your PS first? you wont be able to really write anything else until you know what you want to do
If you have 2-3 options, why not try writing a separate PS for each? That may help you narrow it down. You have until January to decide (except the early deadline courses)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending