The Student Room Group

Financial hardship form student finance

Has anyone sent in a financial hardship form to student finance for a payment or for their next maintenance loan payment to be made earlier. I’m really struggling and been advised sending the form and evidence is the only way? Has anyone been successful in this, I keep ringing student finance to be told different times scales
Original post by Katiesol
Has anyone sent in a financial hardship form to student finance for a payment or for their next maintenance loan payment to be made earlier. I’m really struggling and been advised sending the form and evidence is the only way? Has anyone been successful in this, I keep ringing student finance to be told different times scales

Hi Katie, In order for the team to review if they can release your payment early due to Financial Hardship you would need to complete the form and return this via post for the team to review.

Our current processing timescales for this to be processed is around 4 working days. Our timescales are estimates and are subject to daily change. Once it has been reviewed the team will be in contact with you. Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Hi Karen thanks for your reply
It was recieved Monday? I’ve had no reply as of yet and really desperate
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi Katie, In order for the team to review if they can release your payment early due to Financial Hardship you would need to complete the form and return this via post for the team to review.

Our current processing timescales for this to be processed is around 4 working days. Our timescales are estimates and are subject to daily change. Once it has been reviewed the team will be in contact with you. Thanks, Karen
Hi Karen thanks for your reply
It was recieved Monday? I’ve had no reply as of yet and really desperate

If it was received on Monday then this wouldn't be processed with an update from the team until around 08/08. Once it has been processed the team will be in contact with you. I would advise to speak with your university to see if there is any funding or support they can offer you as it isn't guaranteed the team will be able to change your payment date. Thanks, Karen
Reply 4
So their is no guarantee of any help from student fiancée?
So their is no guarantee of any help from student fiancée?

We can't guarantee your payment can be moved as your payments are paid inline with the term start dates of your course and generally can't be moved. I would advise to wait for the team to get in contact with you and also speak with your university. Thanks, Karen
Reply 6
They have been in contact with me and just want some more evidence, I haven’t heard anything since sending in the new evidence
Hi did you have any luck? just going through the process
Original post by HollyHol
Hi did you have any luck? just going through the process

Hi Holly,

If you have recently sent us the financial hardship form and evidence, I can check the current processing timescale for you. When was this uploaded/posted?

Thanks,
Tina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending