The Student Room Group

Going back to uni

I'm nervous to go back to university in September. Help
Why?
Original post by Diva11

Going to have to give people a little bit more to work with here.
Original post by Diva11

Hello,

I presume you are going into second or third year but please correct me if I am wrong!

Going back after such a long break is strange because it feels like you just get settled into your routine again before it all changes. However, it does get easier with each holiday break you take from university.

Some tips to help going back would be:
> Message some friends and see if they would like to do anything when you return. You could get tickets for a freshers event or just arrange a coffee in your SU after your first lecture.
> Do a little reading for your next modules to get ahead on assessments and ease yourself back into academic learning. There is no pressure or deadlines with it but it will help with routine.
> You could look into some new recipes you might like to try to ease yourself back into shopping and cooking for yourself again. This way it is a little more exciting and less of a chore.
> If you would like to join a society and haven't already, the start of a new academic year is a great time. You can meet some new people and try an activity that interests you. Again, this is exciting and gives you something to look forward to.

I hope this helps but if you have any more specific questions, feel free to reply or message me!
Lydia :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Diva11

Hey @Diva11

I'm also going back to university, I'm going into my second year. I'm nervous about it but I'm also really excited! Is there anything you're particularly nervous about?

Rebecca
Original post by Diva11

Hey @Diva11 :h:

Sorry to hear you're feeling nervous about going back to university in September, it can be odd after a lengthy summer off! What is it that you're worried about in particular? Is it the academic side, or the social side? Let us know and I'm sure a bunch of us will try and help you feel better. It'll be okay!

Danielle :smile:
Film and Television Studies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending