The Student Room Group

clearing before UCAS opens?

so most clearing hotlines are opening at 8am, but UCAS doesn't open until 8:15am. And with this apparent queue system, it seems most people won't be able to access their clearing number until some amount of time after 8:15am.

does this mean we can't actually enter clearing until 8:15am? is it still worth calling up at 8am because of call queues? What if I get through to someone but I still don't have my clearing number?
@PQ or @04MR17 might know the answer.
You probably won't want to enter Clearing until you have accessed UCAS to see your results, tbh - otherwise you might not know if you need to!

If you have a specific course in mind and know you're in Clearing already, there's no harm in calling at 8am before accessing UCAS as you can be calling while trying to access UCAS and see what happens, imo.
Original post by jan33
so most clearing hotlines are opening at 8am, but UCAS doesn't open until 8:15am. And with this apparent queue system, it seems most people won't be able to access their clearing number until some amount of time after 8:15am.

does this mean we can't actually enter clearing until 8:15am? is it still worth calling up at 8am because of call queues? What if I get through to someone but I still don't have my clearing number?

You need to have your results and have logged into ucas before you start calling anyone.

The phone lines open at 8 for people who were already in clearing.
UCAS usually opens slightly earlier than advertised - start checking from 8am.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending