The Student Room Group

Changed my mind about university - I don't know how this works now!!

Hi all,
I applied to university before the 31st deadline, received offers, then I realised I really do not want to do the course I applied for, I've thought long and hard about if I'm certain and talked with others and I've concluded it's definitely not. I know what I want to do now and it's COMPLETELY different course, at very different universities. On UCAS when I search the course, and filter by unis that still have places some universities that I'm interested in come up (Cardiff, Exeter, York, etc.) How does this work now? Can I scrap my app and re-do one before clearing opens? Do I have to go through clearing? I already have my grades (not predicted, final) if that matters? Do I email the unis and ask to get in? I really want to get into one of the unis I mentioned and don't like the idea of competing when it comes to clearing. Any help is seriously appreciated right now!! :smile:
Original post by noodlestopshop_
Hi all,
I applied to university before the 31st deadline, received offers, then I realised I really do not want to do the course I applied for, I've thought long and hard about if I'm certain and talked with others and I've concluded it's definitely not. I know what I want to do now and it's COMPLETELY different course, at very different universities. On UCAS when I search the course, and filter by unis that still have places some universities that I'm interested in come up (Cardiff, Exeter, York, etc.) How does this work now? Can I scrap my app and re-do one before clearing opens? Do I have to go through clearing? I already have my grades (not predicted, final) if that matters? Do I email the unis and ask to get in? I really want to get into one of the unis I mentioned and don't like the idea of competing when it comes to clearing. Any help is seriously appreciated right now!! :smile:

Check out UCAS Extra.
As above, if you want to change courses and unis, UCAS Extra is your first stop.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending