The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2023

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I was wondering how long did you wait to hear back from UCL?
has anyone heard back from UCL yet?
Original post by Jenren17
HiDo you have any idea what finance is available for architecture ? I already hold a previous degree in textiles.Many thanks

I know this has been here a while but:

Architecture is an exempt subject for ELQ funding. That means that *some* funding is available as a second degree.

HOWEVER it isn't exempt from previous study rules. Which means that as a second degree (if you have 3 years previous study for your BA) then you wouldn't get a tuition fee loan for year 1 and 2 of a BA/BSc/BArch course. You'd still get a maintenance loan for the full duration of the course.
Architecture at Cardiff
Reply 44
Hi, has anyone got an offer from bath? I applied over 2 weeks ago and no response
Reply 45
Do you think UCL interviews will happen in person for international students?
Original post by Virona
Do you think UCL interviews will happen in person for international students?

I don’t think so. I’m sure it talks about it on the ucl website somewhere, so try do some research. Are you an international student? And did you get invited to an interview? If yeh then congrats!!! If not then I hope you get an interview soon!!
Reply 47
Original post by taehyungpengting
I don’t think so. I’m sure it talks about it on the ucl website somewhere, so try do some research. Are you an international student? And did you get invited to an interview? If yeh then congrats!!! If not then I hope you get an interview soon!!

Heyy, yes I’ll try to do some research. I’m an international student And no, not yet. I just sent my portfolio yesterday. But thank you so much!! And good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by BluePanda28
Heyy :smile: I didn't get the task either! I think the process is slightly different this year. When are you going to submit your portfolio? They said two weeks I think

Hi! Yeh a few of my friends didn't receive the task either this year. I think I submitted my portfolio on the 22nd.
Original post by Virona
Hi, has anyone got an offer from bath? I applied over 2 weeks ago and no response

Hi, I also applied to Bath around two weeks ago too and no response either...
Does anyone know when Bath typically announces their offers?
Hi guys
Did anyone apply to Salford? If so did u hear anything back from them? I’ve gotten not a single email not even a welcome
Edit: I’ve got an offer! Part of the conditions was to submit a satisfactory portfolio. I never seen any other university do this? Is this normal?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 51
Anyone got an offer yet?
Reply 52
Got an interview from UCL just now!
Original post by Virona

Congratulations!
Original post by Virona

Congratulations!! When did you submit your portfolio?
Reply 55
Original post by normaw
Congratulations!

Thank youu!
Reply 56
Original post by Idkbroo
Congratulations!! When did you submit your portfolio?

Thank youu! I submitted it on the 25th
I submitted my portfolio on the 11th of October and still have not received an interview... is that normal?
Original post by Idkbroo
Hi guys
Did anyone apply to Salford? If so did u hear anything back from them? I’ve gotten not a single email not even a welcome
Edit: I’ve got an offer! Part of the conditions was to submit a satisfactory portfolio. I never seen any other university do this? Is this normal?
PS. I am an international student and was unaware of Salford’s reputation until yesterday lol

Original post by NoahBeacon
I submitted my portfolio on the 11th of October and still have not received an interview... is that normal?

Also... somehow in the UCL Portico portal it still says "we require you to upload additional documents" even though I already uploaded my portfolio and received confirmation... is that happening to anyone? Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by NoahBeacon
Also... somehow in the UCL Portico portal it still says "we require you to upload additional documents" even though I already uploaded my portfolio and received confirmation... is that happening to anyone? Thank you so much :smile:

Keep checking your junk email to make sure you haven't missed any requests. It's quite common for uni emails to end up in there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending