The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2023

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by NoahBeacon
I submitted my portfolio on the 11th of October and still have not received an interview... is that normal?

Which university?
anyone else got an offer from Edinburgh or Cardiff? both offered me a place two days ago
Original post by melissa_.
anyone else got an offer from Edinburgh or Cardiff? both offered me a place two days ago

Could I ask what your predicted grades are ? And what kind of things did u include in ur ps :smile:
Original post by taehyungpengting
Could I ask what your predicted grades are ? And what kind of things did u include in ur ps :smile:

I have A*A*A A predicted!
in my personal statement i talked about my epq topic ( on gothic architecture), part of my history coursework (i did some extra research on the architecture of the time period i was studying), an essay competition from cambridge that i won (on sustainability in architecture), and a design programme i took part in during year 12!
i tried to talk about specific aspects of architecture that interest me, hence why i mentioned a lot of architectural history :smile: hope this helps
(edited 1 year ago)
Did anyone hear back from UCL or Cambridge for Architecture? If so, when did you submit your portfolio?
Original post by Idkbroo
Did anyone hear back from UCL or Cambridge for Architecture? If so, when did you submit your portfolio?

I didn’t apply to UCL but I applied to Cambridge.
They asked me for my portfolio on the 24th and i submitted it about 10 days ago
I didn’t apply to UCL but I applied to Cambridge.
They asked me for my portfolio on the 24th and i submitted it about 10 days ago

Same time as me! Which college did you apply for?
Reply 67
Got an offer from Manchester!
Reply 68
Original post by Idkbroo

I got an interview request from UCL. Submitted the portfolio around the 6th
Reply 69
Does anyone know if Cambridge assessment will happen online or at a center near us?
Original post by Idkbroo
Same time as me! Which college did you apply for?

newnham :smile: what about you?
Original post by Virona
Does anyone know if Cambridge assessment will happen online or at a center near us?

they’re online, your school will probably let you do it in a classroom if you can’t do it at home
Reply 72
they’re online, your school will probably let you do it in a classroom if you can’t do it at home

Got it. Thank you!
newnham :smile: what about you?

Trinity hall! (-:
I have A*A*A A predicted!
in my personal statement i talked about my epq topic ( on gothic architecture), part of my history coursework (i did some extra research on the architecture of the time period i was studying), an essay competition from cambridge that i won (on sustainability in architecture), and a design programme i took part in during year 12!
i tried to talk about specific aspects of architecture that interest me, hence why i mentioned a lot of architectural history :smile: hope this helps

Oh who that is so good!! What other unis did you apply to ?
Original post by Virona
Got an offer from Manchester!

Congrats!! Did they ask you do make a blog and do the extra questions?
Reply 76
Original post by taehyungpengting
Congrats!! Did they ask you do make a blog and do the extra questions?

Thank youu and yes they did
Original post by Virona

I've just received an email about doing the Cambridge assessment online. Does anyone know where to find past papers for this? I've only managed to find 2 papers, one from 2016 and one from 2018.
Reply 78
Original post by stresssssedAF
I've just received an email about doing the Cambridge assessment online. Does anyone know where to find past papers for this? I've only managed to find 2 papers, one from 2016 and one from 2018.

I got it too! But I also have only those 2
Reply 79
Does anyone have an idea how to prepare for the essay task of the writing section for Cambridge test?
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending