The Student Room Group

Universal Credit and NHS Bursary (Wales)

Hello, Looking for any help or advice as i seem to be going around in circles!I have just started my first year of a full time undergraduate NHS degree. I am a single parent with a nearly 4 year old and am living in a privately rented home. I have been approved an NHS bursary which is approx £7000 for my first year. I am also awaiting a final decision to whether i am entitled to any Student Finance. Until now, i have been claiming Universal Credit alongside working part-time. I have sent several messages and had several phone calls to Universal Credit over the past 6 months to query my entitlement to universal credit and how my bursary could affect my universal credit claim. I have had several different answers as to what is disregarded or taken into consideration and today i have been told to expect my Universal Credit claim to be 'nil' while i am receiving NHS bursary, which has understandably made me very anxious. Does anyone have any experience or advice along these lines please? Thank you!
Reply 1
Hi!

I'm just about to start my 2nd year, and am having a nightmare with DWP. Initially I was entitled to a small amount of universal credit (same circumstances as you) but have have have recently been made aware of an over payment for the whole of the first year. All payments prior to august have been changed to 0.

How did you get on with it all in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending