The Student Room Group

SFE and Wales NHS bursary

I'm planning to do the Healthcare Science course at Cardiff Met and I've run into confusing information when applying through SFE.

The application states that "as you're eligible to apply for a bursary from the NHS, you can only apply for some Maintenance Loan" on the financial info section. There is no option that says that I don't want the bursary. I am not planning to opt for the bursary so is it possible to still be able to get the max funding of 10,227 which I'm normally eligible for? and how do I do this? I don't think it would be possible for me to do this course without the full maintenance in hand. I'm also not able to choose to provide the household income to show that I'm eligible for max maintenace.

Please help :frown:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Pondinglawyer
I'm planning to do the Healthcare Science course at Cardiff Met and I've run into confusing information when applying through SFE.
The application states that "as you're eligible to apply for a bursary from the NHS, you can only apply for some Maintenance Loan" on the financial info section. There is no option that says that I don't want the bursary. I am not planning to opt for the bursary so is it possible to still be able to get the max funding of 10,227 which I'm normally eligible for? and how do I do this? I don't think it would be possible for me to do this course without the full maintenance in hand. I'm also not able to choose to provide the household income to show that I'm eligible for max maintenace.
Please help :frown:
Hi there,

Are you a Welsh student or are you living permanently in Wales outside of your term dates? Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,
Are you a Welsh student or are you living permanently in Wales outside of your term dates? Thanks, Jason

I live in England permanetly and I've applied for a university in Wales.
Thanks. If you are not receiving the bursary you must speak with the Welsh NHS bursary service who will send you an email with a unique reference number, which will confirm you won't be in receipt of the NHS bursary. Once you have received this email you must forward this to [email protected]. Once we receive this, your application will be reassessed to award them the full SFE funding package. Please be aware we are unable to take the unique reference number over the phone. Thanks, Jason
Original post by SFE Jason
Thanks. If you are not receiving the bursary you must speak with the Welsh NHS bursary service who will send you an email with a unique reference number, which will confirm you won't be in receipt of the NHS bursary. Once you have received this email you must forward this to [email protected]. Once we receive this, your application will be reassessed to award them the full SFE funding package. Please be aware we are unable to take the unique reference number over the phone. Thanks, Jason

You’re a life saver! I’ll look into it. Thank you.
Original post by Pondinglawyer
You’re a life saver! I’ll look into it. Thank you.

You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending