The Student Room Group

University and friends

Please keep anon cause i know a few people that use TSR.

Ok so im in like my 8th week of university, and i feel like i haven't made as many friends as i could have. I have a mate who i hang around with all the time, shes like my best friend here, the girls here seem not to like me i'm not a bitchy person, im out going, guys find me attractive but i just don't get why i wont meet anyone solid. I have got with 2 guys since being here and they both said i was the nicest person ever, but yet both of them refuse to progess it any further, i feel like im doing something wrong.

Then my brothers really want to come and visit me this weekend and I created an event on facebook and thought i would invite you know 'friends' from univeristy, i know it sounds ridiculously petty but so far everyone has just put 'maybe' and i don't know why its getting me down but i feel very unliked, back home i have so many friends, i know im a caring person and i get along great with people...it just isn't happening at university..
any advice please?
Reply 1
any advice please? :frown:
Reply 2
Joined any clubs and societies? they are, IMO the best way to meet people at university.
Anonymous
any advice please? :frown:

It takes time to make friends. Relax and do things you enjoy, don't worry about it. You still have your old friends, you know people at your university so it's not like you're alone all the time. You can't expect to make a load of real, close friends in 2 months.
Reply 4
My first year at University wasn't the best of years, I had a couple of friends but that was about it.

In my 2nd year I decided to join a society, and had the best year of my life. They all became my best friends, and still are even though I've finished university.

Take it from someone who's had similar (ish) experiences, get out there and join some societies:smile:
People in Uni dont talk to strangers much.

Latest

Trending

Trending