The Student Room Group

Is a travel insurance document necessary for Standard Visit Visa to the UK ?

I will apply for Standard Visit Visa from Tunisia.

Is a travel insurance document necessary? and is the accommodation necessary?
Original post by DrBrm17

The terms and conditions will be specified on the official visa application page:

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor

Even if travel insurance is not a condition of your visa, it is advisable to take out some insurance to cover potential flight cancellations, loss of luggage, medical/repatriation expenses, etc.

You get better deals booking accommodation in advance.
Original post by DrBrm17

See the UK Government's document "Visiting the UK: guide to supporting documents" at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/visitor-visa-guide-to-supporting-documents/guide-to-supporting-documents-visiting-the-uk, where the last section (entitled "Documents you should not use as evidence") includes "hotel bookings" and "travel insurance".

You'll probably need to show evidence of having a hotel booking (or other accommodation) and travel insurance when you arrive, but you don't need to have it at the visa application stage (as there's no guarantee a visa will be granted).
A travel insurance document is not required for a standard UK visitor visa. However, I recommend that all passengers purchase travel health insurance while traveling by road. This could be medical emergencies or medical emergencies that add up to the travel amount.

You choose to purchase health insurance with the expectation that it will cover your needs and approximate developmental prospects, including length and time of visit. Also make sure that you have all the necessary documents for receiving medical care abroad, including the contact information of the insurance company and details of your insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest