The Student Room Group

UCL MSci Architecture

hey i just wanted to start a thread for any applicants who've applied for (or currently attend) UCL's integrated masters course. has anyone had an interview or an offer yet?

Scroll to see replies

I'm glad I'm not the only one worried about it, lol. I applied in October, had an interview in December, and haven't received any correspondence since. Spooky. What's your situation? :')
Original post by JamboUnchained
I'm glad I'm not the only one worried about it, lol. I applied in October, had an interview in December, and haven't received any correspondence since. Spooky. What's your situation? :')

hiya! congrats on the interview, im still waiting to hear back. ive seen someone be rejected who also applied in oct like i did so now its just waitin and stressin for me
Oh my god they're picking us off one by one 😂
Oh my god they're picking us off one by one 😂

wish they would speed it along smh

have you had any other offers?
Definitely

I heard back from Manchester pretty quickly, and I actually just got one from Glasgow School of Art today. Hbu?

(And if course, best of luck with UCL!)
Definitely

I heard back from Manchester pretty quickly, and I actually just got one from Glasgow School of Art today. Hbu?

(And if course, best of luck with UCL!)

same here with manchester! ive also had liverpool and nottingham so super keen to hear back from ucl soon. good luck to you too!
Reply 7
wow ive only just sent in my portfolio! how quickly did you hear back after submitting your portfolio? super nervous because i have no art backgroundd
(edited 1 year ago)
I believe it took about 3 weeks to hear back, they wanted a portfolio so I got an extra week for that. Then took quite awhile to get an interview. So you've got a little while, and as a fellow person with absolutely no art skills I should say, spend as much time as you can working on your portfolio before they've even asked for it. You'll save yourself a lot of tears.
Reply 9
I believe it took about 3 weeks to hear back, they wanted a portfolio so I got an extra week for that. Then took quite awhile to get an interview. So you've got a little while, and as a fellow person with absolutely no art skills I should say, spend as much time as you can working on your portfolio before they've even asked for it. You'll save yourself a lot of tears.

yea im really regretting not starting it earlier since i wasnt expecting only a week for that. And i ended up just submitting whatever i had before the deadline. How was the interview though!
(edited 1 year ago)
Disarming, because the woman who interviewed me was unbelievably kind and positive and engaging. I had heard some horror stories from mates applying Cambridge and co, and I was expecting a grilling, but it was literally just a one to one chat. Honestly it's nothing to worry about, you'll get to talk about a few bits of the portfolio you liked, but really it's the easiest part of the process :smile:
Disarming, because the woman who interviewed me was unbelievably kind and positive and engaging. I had heard some horror stories from mates applying Cambridge and co, and I was expecting a grilling, but it was literally just a one to one chat. Honestly it's nothing to worry about, you'll get to talk about a few bits of the portfolio you liked, but really it's the easiest part of the process :smile:

what was the interview like? was it portfolio/ personal statement focused
Original post by arch17
what was the interview like? was it portfolio/ personal statement focused

100% portfolio. Basically the lady said to choose 3 pieces from my portfolio to talk about, and then we had a bit of a discussion about them. Very chilled, very positive, very friendly
100% portfolio. Basically the lady said to choose 3 pieces from my portfolio to talk about, and then we had a bit of a discussion about them. Very chilled, very positive, very friendly

thank you! dont suppose you remember her name? others on the main architecture chat had colin smith
Ah I didn't have him, I think I spoke to Sara Martinez Zamora.
since you didn't have an art background too, what kinds of works did you include in the portfolio!
I was kinda lucky I took Art and Design (it's just DT a level, not at all artsy) because even though I'm useless with a pen/pencil/paint Ive been trying to use more modelling - I did one piece with XPS blocks, I used a woodwork project. I also used some tech stuff - rudimentary Blender skills (I still cry every time I launch it) and photoshopped some of my photographs into a kind of abstract montage. That's the other thing, photography. Probably not wise to submit photos alone, but I had them alongside more artsy responses to them.

It wasn't pretty and I had to grind my ass off. Very jealous of the people who can just rattle off the art-y stuff and paint out of nowhere. Hbu, what kind of stuff did you get up to? :smile:
Well i actually came from an architecture program (singapore has a polytechnic system where we can learn university skills), but i think its working to my disadvantage because the work we do is quite different from the bartlett.
So most of my portfolio was my final year project, which includes some models :smile: the rest was some random art that i did in my free time which was mostly sketching and some photography which was from a mini series i did. other than that was just digital drawings that i did. not really confident with the work i put in because it doesn't seem like what the bartlett usually looks for :/
Well it sounds awesome! I've got some friends that are big into their digital drawing, looks good fun haha. And I wouldn't worry about what they're looking for, from what I've seen it's more about how you think than how you draw. You're gonna nail it 👍
Well it sounds awesome! I've got some friends that are big into their digital drawing, looks good fun haha. And I wouldn't worry about what they're looking for, from what I've seen it's more about how you think than how you draw. You're gonna nail it 👍

thanks!! hahah yes im trying to move into digital because it seems so much more flexible, although im still a "paper and pen" kind of person. hope you get an offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending