The Student Room Group

Midwifery at Kingston Uni

Hi! I'm a current student midwife at Kingston :smile:

If you have any questions about the course (placement options, study life etc) let me know :biggrin:

Best
Student rep Daisy x
Reply 1
Hi Daisy,
I’m due to start Kingston in September to start my midwifery journey!
I have a few questions about what I will actually need in terms of stationary, books, bag, shoes? Any recommendations will be great 😊
Kelly x
Reply 2
Original post by Kelnix
Hi Daisy,
I’m due to start Kingston in September to start my midwifery journey!
I have a few questions about what I will actually need in terms of stationary, books, bag, shoes? Any recommendations will be great 😊
Kelly x

Lot's of bio pens especially for placements.
Pocket notebook when you go on your placements to take notes on what you are doing each day ( when you get the chance to write it down ok).
Fob watch ( the silicone ones are fine).
A good comfortable pair of shoes ( sketchers are comfortable).

Books you'll be hopefully given a PDF list of what you will require for your coursework when you start university
Otherwise something like Anatomy and physiology ok human body ( Anatomy and Physiology for Midwives ) latest copy will last you whole course but doesn't matter with a earlier copy. ) Ross and Wilson is a good one.

Best of luck with your coursework and enjoy the hard work ahead.

Not a student midwife any more as I'm a NHS registrar midwife.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Hi I’m starting this year September at Kingston I was wondering when do we officially start placements ? And do you have a choice on which hospitals to do your placement at
Reply 4
Original post by Lolahala
Hi I’m starting this year September at Kingston I was wondering when do we officially start placements ? And do you have a choice on which hospitals to do your placement at

You'll not be on placement for at least a minimum of 6-8 weeks after you start university as you have to do all the health and safety, how to do your observations, how to make beds etc. You'll know exactly when you'll be starting your 1st placement once you get your timetable provided.
Reply 5
Original post by Kingston Reps
Hi! I'm a current student midwife at Kingston :smile:

If you have any questions about the course (placement options, study life etc) let me know :biggrin:

Best
Student rep Daisy x

Hi Daisy, what do you think is really good about Kingston for midwifery and makes it so highly rated?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending