The Student Room Group

I am not sure if I have reached the lowest point of my life

Not only do I fail academically, but also I fail in every other aspect of my life, especially relationship.

Not being able to keep more than 10 close friends is one, being rejected by someone in a humiliating way is another.

Being told by her that she has been ignoring me for the sake of letting me know that she doesn't like me. I did talk to some friends about that to try to calm myself down, but I feel I can't. I want to cry, but I've cried for so many times in the past eight years that I can hardly squeeze another drop of tears.

Everything seems to have fallen apart and so many damages have been done that I can find no way getting back on track. I don't know how to end this, nor do I know how to start anew. Life has lost all of its meaning.
Original post by Anonymous
Not only do I fail academically, but also I fail in every other aspect of my life, especially relationship.

Not being able to keep more than 10 close friends is one, being rejected by someone in a humiliating way is another.

Being told by her that she has been ignoring me for the sake of letting me know that she doesn't like me. I did talk to some friends about that to try to calm myself down, but I feel I can't. I want to cry, but I've cried for so many times in the past eight years that I can hardly squeeze another drop of tears.

Everything seems to have fallen apart and so many damages have been done that I can find no way getting back on track. I don't know how to end this, nor do I know how to start anew. Life has lost all of its meaning.

in islam youre only purpose is to worship God which means to live in a way where you know God and desire the destination he promises you after death, if you try to pay heed to Him. no that does not mean seclude yourself from society. in fact rather the opposite: you just change what you value in your heart and you do things for the sake of God. let me quote from the Quran:
"But whoever has disregarded My Reminder—for him is a miserable life, and We will herd him on the Day of Resurrection blind." 20:124
You will return to God accountable for how you have led your life regardless of your belief. and remember:
"remember Me; I will remember you. And thank Me, and never be ungrateful." 2:152
Reply 2
Set backs, particularly romantic rejections, are an inevitable part of life. You have to roll with it and if you do you’ll find your way. Go for a bit of counselling to talk thought what’s getting to you and help with perspective

Have you formally failed your degree, or just not get the grade(s) you wanted?

Try and look on the positives... having 10 close friends is a very good achievement (some people struggle to get 1 ffs), I know you may see popular people surrounded by dozens, but it's more likely they're acquaintances' or "fair-weather" friends (mates) rather than true friends who will have their back when the going gets really tough.

As for the girl ignoring you, this is actually a very common way to let unrequited suitors know they're not interested (it's called Ghosting). I'm not saying it's fair or right, but almost all of us have experienced it at some point (well maybe not Harry Styles, or Justin Bieber lol). I'm not defending her or the actions, but rejecting someone is never easy (unless you really don't like them)... and a really harsh rejection (e.g. "f**k off loser" may lead to her looking like a "female-dog" and the person verbally (or even physically abusing her). On the other hand, some people have trouble getting the message if it's a more polite "Thanks, but no thanks" type rejection (i.e. they're deluded or think she's playing hard to get).

I know things seems cliched, but time is a great healer. Eventually you'll get over this girl and start to notice other girls (weather's getting better now :wink:)

I am going to write a few questions and I want you to honestly asks yourself them questions and answer them.
What is life to you?
Life is not all rainbow and sunshine, do you think you will show the same level of enthusiasm if you were happy day?
will life be worth living if you didn't have a purpose or something to work towards?
'You said you are failing academically'. What do you classify failure? What is ur definition of failure? Not getting the grade you wanted or the fact that you are letting your overthinking take the best of you? Failure is when everything fails and there is no way out. Do you think that you have 'failed' or do you think there is still a way there that is clouded by guilt and remorse you are feeling right now? Have you tried everything there was or has one door left you at a dead end and you can't seem to find your way out of the maze?

Now moving on to friendship. What is your definition of friendship, is friendship really friendship if you haven't been tested on multiple occasions? is that true friendship? not everyone needs to be your friend, some are here to help you guide through the darkness of the tunnel while others are rocks and pebbles that will test your resilience and challenge your worth. Would you prefer to be around your own companionship where you are true to yourself or would you prefer to surround yourself with those who are here to give you false hope and support!
it seems hard but just ask yourself would life be worth living everyday if it was all rainbow and sunshines would you be proud of yourself if you lived the same day every day without pushing ur limits or would u like to be tested and make mistakes so that you can learn from them?
take this as a test you have to pass in order to connect to your inner self and to truly get to know your limits and boundaries!
Chill dude. I am jealous that you have 10 close friends xD I barely have 2. Embarrassing things happen just move on. There is more to life that you have yet to discover. I would recommend focussing on studying and staying healthy by doing sports/going to the gym. Treat your body like a temple and don't mistreat it with bad food. I could go on but I think you have quite a few things to get started on :biggrin:
(edited 1 year ago)

Stop trying to control your life God is in control just go with the flow! hang with people who make you feel good, follow your interests and hobbies. life is too short to worry about careers and money all is an allusion, keep it real my friend hope you find your peace
Original post by Adam 111
Stop trying to control your life God is in control just go with the flow! hang with people who make you feel good, follow your interests and hobbies. life is too short to worry about careers and money all is an allusion, keep it real my friend hope you find your peace

God let there be light please
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Have you formally failed your degree, or just not get the grade(s) you wanted?

Try and look on the positives... having 10 close friends is a very good achievement (some people struggle to get 1 ffs), I know you may see popular people surrounded by dozens, but it's more likely they're acquaintances' or "fair-weather" friends (mates) rather than true friends who will have their back when the going gets really tough.

As for the girl ignoring you, this is actually a very common way to let unrequited suitors know they're not interested (it's called Ghosting). I'm not saying it's fair or right, but almost all of us have experienced it at some point (well maybe not Harry Styles, or Justin Bieber lol). I'm not defending her or the actions, but rejecting someone is never easy (unless you really don't like them)... and a really harsh rejection (e.g. "f**k off loser" may lead to her looking like a "female-dog" and the person verbally (or even physically abusing her). On the other hand, some people have trouble getting the message if it's a more polite "Thanks, but no thanks" type rejection (i.e. they're deluded or think she's playing hard to get).

I know things seems cliched, but time is a great healer. Eventually you'll get over this girl and start to notice other girls (weather's getting better now :wink:)

Yes, you are right.
It's Easter
The girl was a coward. She should have just told you she didn't like you. She's not even worth tears.

You've a number of close friends. You don't need dozens to be happy. Spend time with them and work on improving your grades. That's all you need to do in the short-term.
(edited 1 year ago)
It's Easter

Exactly. Jesus rose to new life at Easter...

So why don't you use that as a watershed moment to leave the past behind and start afresh.

New life, new you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending