The Student Room Group

What if I never experience love?

I’m 17 at sixth form. Usually love and relationships don’t concern me as I believe for myself that it is better to do my education and then look for relationships.
However recently, as in the past few weeks, I’ve had this really weird feeling inside of me. It’s not like I’m horny or anything but I just have really been wanting to experience love. Especially because there’s this love movie which I have an attachment to and I listen to the romantic songs all the time and it makes me cry so much.
I have had a romantic experience with a guy, and it was the best thing ever. This was earlier and I miss it so much. For some reason, recently I’ve been scared, terrified even, that I won’t experience love the same way movies do. I know that they’re unrealistic but for some reason my heart is emotionally attached to this movie and I just don’t know what to do. I just really feel like a hug from a guy, which I did used to have from that romantic situation I had earlier. I don’t really know what this is but yeah
What's this movie?
You're very unlikely to experience a Hollywood romance. They're not reflective of real relationships in the slightest.

You're only 17. You've dated before, therefore we know you're likeable. You've nothing to worry about in the long-term. If you put in the effort to form connections with people then you'll find someone.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by jay2013
What's this movie?

It’s a Bollywood movie, the abbreviation for the title is DDLJ
Original post by Anonymous

Dilwale Dhulhaniya Le Jayenge?
Dilwale Dhulhaniya Le Jayenge?

yes. And for some reason, I’ve never been so emotionally attached to a movie. I think about it every night and I don’t know why.

Never seen it. Will check it out.

Anyway you've had a romantic relationship before so no reason to think it won't happen again. Some of us are in our 30s and still haven't experienced any romantic relationship.
I love DDLJ

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending