The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Student accommodation

Hi, I am looking at private accommodation in Plymouth called saltwater place for my first year. Does anyone know anything about it like location if there are many first years that use this accommodation and general opinion ??? Thank you for any help at all
Is there a reason that you are looking at private accommodation instead of university accommodation?
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Also interested in this. Looking as Saltwater and Astor and am curious about feedback.
Original post by emily05m:)
Hi, I am looking at private accommodation in Plymouth called saltwater place for my first year. Does anyone know anything about it like location if there are many first years that use this accommodation and general opinion ??? Thank you for any help at all

Hi @emily05m [s]smile[/s] & @Wu-B3ndy,

Firstly, we're very excited to welcome you to our Ocean City and congratulations for your places at Plymouth University!
Secondly, down to business, accommodation. I know a couple of friends who stayed at both Astor and some at Saltwater, and I've only heard pretty good things about them both. I know that Astor has quite a number of first year students, but I am not 100% sure about Saltwater, I can only imagine there are quite a few as halls are usually the first choice for first years and older years move out into shared housing or other accommodations after this.

For Saltwater it may be worth contacting the company or building management to further enquire about this, and from what I have read, they seem to be really friendly so should defo be able to help you there. For Astor, yes I know there are quite a few first years and have quite a few friends who had the absolute best time there!

By the end of the day this decision is down to you but still research them more if you are not 100% sure and read the online reviews as thy seem to say quite a bit about them both.

Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Thalia - University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep :parrot:

Hey, I'm starting in September and am also looking at saltwater place and other private accommodation. Also wondering if there's many first years there and what the social life is like, did you find anything out? :smile:

hi! i’m also staying in saltwater for my first year- it’s pretty central, though both plymouth uni and aup are a bit of a walk from there. i believe there’s a fair few first years that stay at this accom :smile: from looking round it’s really nice w/ good facilities and the rooms are spacious enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending