The Student Room Group

Can I apply with a subject without being given a predicted grade?

Hi! I’m currently studying maths, computer science and IT (btec) and I’m in year 12. Next year, I will also be taking my Turkish A Level exam. I speak Turkish also did it in GCSE. However, since there is only one Turkish class and it goes on at the same time as my Computer Science lessons, I am unable to take Turkish as a subject. I’m being told by my teachers that it’s not possible for me to get a predicted grade as I’m not in the class. I was wondering if there was any way I could include this (me taking the exam next year) in my UCAS application next year and whether unis will consider/ accept it as a subject I’m taking. I don’t want to apply with 2 A levels and 1 BTEC as that will limit my university options and courses.

Thank you!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by suna.dy
Hi! I’m currently studying maths, computer science and IT (btec) and I’m in year 12. Next year, I will also be taking my Turkish A Level exam. I speak Turkish also did it in GCSE. However, since there is only one Turkish class and it goes on at the same time as my Computer Science lessons, I am unable to take Turkish as a subject. I’m being told by my teachers that it’s not possible for me to get a predicted grade as I’m not in the class. I was wondering if there was any way I could include this (me taking the exam next year) in my UCAS application next year and whether unis will consider/ accept it as a subject I’m taking. I don’t want to apply with 2 A levels and 1 BTEC as that will limit my university options and courses.

Thank you!

Applying with 2 A levels and a BTEC isnt a problem. There are only a couple of universities who dont accept BTEC. What might in some places might be a problem is CS and IT together. Check with individual universities and apply to those that dont have a problem. Ring around universities you are interested in applying to now so you know where you stand.
You can apply without a prediction for one subject so long as your referee explains your circumstances.
Are you a native Turkish speaker? If so many universities won't accept it as part of your offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending