The Student Room Group

Lecture Revision

How do you revise really long lectures?
Work with the PowerPoint slides if any are available.
Look for statements about the key points which are usually at the front or end.
Look for illustrative examples which you can use.
Note any names of researchers or writers who you can namedrop.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey there,

Some really great tips above. If you already have notes from a long lecture it can be useful to create flashcards with just key points. I find the key points are what stick out when you scan read back on your notes and will prompt your brain to start thinking of relevant content so it saves you cramming lots of notes into one flashcard!

If you are preparing for a long lecture, again take the key notes. I find if you try to esentially transcribe everything your lecturer says you don't really take it in. If you can get the main points of the lecture down and try to sit back and listen to the content you may find you remember it better. Of course take any important details like studies etc. down too as these can be helpful for revision.

I hope this helps a bit,

Lauren -Official Student Rep
@staroh789

You could try:

Revision cards with the key info.

Making posters with facts and sticking them around your room on furniture/doors. (Masking tape is your friend!)

Listening to an audio recording of the lecture (though if it is really long: do an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon).

Thinking of questions they could ask you and how you would answer them (What is the key knowledge you need to know?).

If there are any mock papers or practice papers you can do, that might also be useful.

Hope that helps,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
Original post by staroh789
How do you revise really long lectures?

Hiya @staroh789,

I'm a second-year at Lancaster uni so I've done one set of exams. One thing I found really useful was doodling relevant images next to whatever key notes I was making or just drawing a picture if I could. I'm not an artist at all but found that I remember pictures more easily than long sentences of text so they helped me to remember the key points by illustrating them.

Hope this helps
-Beth (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending