The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Strathclyde Accommodation 2023

Does anyone know whether the situation with the Strathclyde accommodation is this year ie. is it any better or still a disaster!? I withdrew from my place last year as it was really stressing me out finding somewhere and I worry that I will go through exactly the same thing again this year if I accept an unconditional. It is the only university on my list that doesn't guarantee accommodation with an unconditional.
Original post by Anonymous
Does anyone know whether the situation with the Strathclyde accommodation is this year ie. is it any better or still a disaster!? I withdrew from my place last year as it was really stressing me out finding somewhere and I worry that I will go through exactly the same thing again this year if I accept an unconditional. It is the only university on my list that doesn't guarantee accommodation with an unconditional.

Hello!

Really sorry about the stress you went through last year with finding accommodation :frown: Our applications will open this year on the 18th April and you should apply then with your unconditional offer. If you apply by the relevant accommodation guidelines and are living outwith the local area then we can consider you. We've recently introduced a 25 mile radius meaning priority is given to those based the furthest distance from the University. Accommodation is limited which is why we cannot guarantee it to every applicant, so I'd strongly encourage you to apply when the applications open :smile:
For more info or guidance please get in touch with the accommodation team - [email protected]. More info can also be found on the webpages at https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus/accommodation/, or pop me a PM if I can help with anything else.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Same here. I don’t know why Strathclyde won’t even give a specific answer about when we will hear if we’ve got accommodation. They’re making it unnecessarily stressful. Last year I was forced to defer too when they removed their guarantee of accommodation at the last minute. By then it was too late for me to find either another uni or alternative accommodation. This was despite repeated calls where they referred me back to the website which stated the guarantee. I can’t believe they are putting us through the same stress again.

To add insult to injury, I wasn’t able to apply yesterday because the site / process wasn’t working for people like us being forced to reapply so we are now at the back of the queue.

This is not giving me good vibes about the next 4 years.
Original post by Anonymous
Same here. I don’t know why Strathclyde won’t even give a specific answer about when we will hear if we’ve got accommodation. They’re making it unnecessarily stressful. Last year I was forced to defer too when they removed their guarantee of accommodation at the last minute. By then it was too late for me to find either another uni or alternative accommodation. This was despite repeated calls where they referred me back to the website which stated the guarantee. I can’t believe they are putting us through the same stress again.

To add insult to injury, I wasn’t able to apply yesterday because the site / process wasn’t working for people like us being forced to reapply so we are now at the back of the queue.

This is not giving me good vibes about the next 4 years.

Hello! I've gotten in touch with our colleagues in the Accommodation team and they weren't aware of any problems on the site on the 18th. Did you manage to process your application? It'd be great if you could reach out to me via PM so I can pass over any info of the difficulties on site and we can check all is ok on our end.

We can't guarantee accommodation as it is limited, but I appreciate this is stressful. The best you can do is apply now and that means your application is in the system for the team to consider once they start processing. Please do get in touch with the accommodation team if they can offer you any reassurance or guidance on the application process so that they can help.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending