The Student Room Group

Trying to work out degree result

Hi everyone,

I am trying to work out what the final result of my degree will be and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am aiming for a 2:1 but a 1st class degree is possible.

The 2nd year of my degree course is worth 25% with the 3rd year being worth 25%.

My second year mark was 64.

So far my results in the 3rd year are
15% module - 72
15% module - 75
The 50% module and the other 15% module are yet to be decided as I haven't handed these bits of work in.

Does anyone roughly know what marks I will need in the other two to gain a 2:1 or above?

Thanks
That should read 3rd year worth 75%, whoops.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,

I am trying to work out what the final result of my degree will be and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I am aiming for a 2:1 but a 1st class degree is possible.

The 2nd year of my degree course is worth 25% with the 3rd year being worth 25%.

My second year mark was 64.

So far my results in the 3rd year are
15% module - 72
15% module - 75
The 50% module and the other 15% module are yet to be decided as I haven't handed these bits of work in.

Does anyone roughly know what marks I will need in the other two to gain a 2:1 or above?

Thanks

Hi there,

I've just put your third year results into a grade calculator - it says you need an average of 54.21% over your other two modules to get a 2:1 this year :smile:
https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/education/uni-grade-calculator.php
Feel free to change the target percentage you want in total (I set it to 60%).

Hopefully that helps,
Eloise - Lancaster University Student Ambassador
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi there,

I've just put your third year results into a grade calculator - it says you need an average of 54.21% over your other two modules to get a 2:1 this year :smile:
https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/education/uni-grade-calculator.php
Feel free to change the target percentage you want in total (I set it to 60%).

Hopefully that helps,
Eloise - Lancaster University Student Ambassador

Thanks, hopefully I manage it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending