The Student Room Group

The use of AI in DnD and TTRPGs

Hi all,

I think AIs such as chatgpt etc are great in helping flesh out ideas for quests. As a forever DM, I constantly get blocks with where to go next as i do not use a lkot of official content. But with AI, it helps a lot.

While i can do combat in DnD great, anything that involves intreague can be challenging but AI can help fill the gaps. In a current idea i have, it has helped me with a murder mystery by creating suspects, the killer, the murder scene, red herrings and timelines as well as fleshed out npcs with full stat blocks that can be amended on the fly.

I really do think this is the future, but i dont think human DMs will ever be fully replaced as the human touch is always needed to make it more realistic. This said, if an online system such as roll20 or dndbeyone ever does create a good ai GM, i will definitly give a go as a forever DM who wants to play once in a while.

Anyone else had any experiance using ai in creating npcs, stories etc. Don't even have to limit this to TTRPGs but also novels and art etc.
Yes, that is correct. These websites offer free practice tests and exams for various subjects and certification exams. They can be useful tools for exam preparation and to help you gauge your knowledge and readiness for the official test. Be sure to also review the official test materials and guidelines to ensure you are fully prepared for the exam. Good luck!
Original post by Guru Jason
Hi all,

I think AIs such as chatgpt etc are great in helping flesh out ideas for quests. As a forever DM, I constantly get blocks with where to go next as i do not use a lkot of official content. But with AI, it helps a lot.

While i can do combat in DnD great, anything that involves intreague can be challenging but AI can help fill the gaps. In a current idea i have, it has helped me with a murder mystery by creating suspects, the killer, the murder scene, red herrings and timelines as well as fleshed out npcs with full stat blocks that can be amended on the fly.

I really do think this is the future, but i dont think human DMs will ever be fully replaced as the human touch is always needed to make it more realistic. This said, if an online system such as roll20 or dndbeyone ever does create a good ai GM, i will definitly give a go as a forever DM who wants to play once in a while.

Anyone else had any experiance using ai in creating npcs, stories etc. Don't even have to limit this to TTRPGs but also novels and art etc.

Yes, that is correct. These websites offer free practice tests and exams for various subjects and certification exams. They can be useful tools for exam preparation and to help you gauge your knowledge and readiness for the official test. Be sure to also review the official test materials and guidelines to ensure you are fully prepared for the exam. Good luck!
Original post by paperpundit

I think you misunderstood my OP but i can ai as a great revision tool (so long as youre not getting it to do your homework/coursework lol).
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest