The Student Room Group

How did you meet your current partner?

I have used countless apps and get no matches. Do dating apps actually work? How did you meet your current partner?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I have used countless apps and get no matches. Do dating apps actually work? How did you meet your current partner?

I'm yet to be mingled. I haven't looked into any dating apps 'cause I can't really rely on them. I want to find my soulmate in person. Though it might work for some people.

TSR lol he is an amazing guy.
TSR lol he is an amazing guy.

Who?
Bumble, be patient.
Who?

why?
why?

Never mind.
why?

Sorry.
school. I was in his lessons and sat next to him in one/two.
Sorry.

No, you're ok I was just curious.
Bumble? Is it good?

At work.
My current significant other and I first met at a small gathering where we both had friends in common. We hit it off right away, and our friendship blossomed rapidly. We decided to take things to the next level after dating for a while and are now very much in love with each other. What a beautiful story fate can write by bringing two people together! :u::h: :u::h: :u::h:
We met each other at work, things initially involved me getting shy and nervous and heroic and romantic at one point when she fell into my arms after a couple of shifts we were talking to one another on our breaks for a month or too before making things exclusive in beginning August last year we’ve now been together for 8 months approaching our year in August and approaching our year when we first officially met at work next month :heart:
Thanks
I moved into student accommodation and, as I was unpacking my stuff in the communal kitchen, he stuck his head around the door and introduced himself. I immediately thought he was gorgeous. Our entire flat went out that night and all I wanted to do was talk to him. We spent the next month and a half chatting and just being friendly but I knew from early on that I had deeper feelings for him. Eventually, we **** and that's that. I will marry that man.
Reply 16
We met freshman year of high school, I didn’t know anyone because it was a new school and I had recently moved there. I became friends with a girl I’ll just call J, she hit it off with a guy I’ll refer to as E. I then met B, who was friends with J. Me and B started dating, about a month or two into our relationship me and E were out of school for a bit with Covid. When we returned, EVERYONE, including our closest friends, were telling me and E that J and B were much closer than friends, and they were cheating on us. Me and E broke up with them, and cut them off. Later on J and B become a fling but were not official, then me and E got closer and confessed our feelings for each other, but we didn’t make it official. After a while E ended our fling and turned against me, I fell out with the entire friend group. Even later on, me and B began to talk again and got back together. We broke up, got back together, broke up, got back together, and continued the toxic cycle. We entered sophomore year a couple, and I had a very off feeling in our relationship, especially when it came to his “new friend”, A. I broke up with him, and he quickly began dating her, they were talking and flirting before we even broke up. Sometime after our breakup I was on the bus curled up quietly, balling my eyes out because I couldn’t hold it in anymore. E asked me what was wrong, and we talked about my breakup. We went for coffee the next morning to further talk, and we really hit it off from there. Not too long after we began dating, and we’ve been together for over 7 months now. B and A broke up, he then dated her best friend for about a week or two before that crashed and burned.
Sometimes the right person is right in front of your face, standing behind the wrong person you’ve got your eye on.
We met each other at work, things initially involved me getting shy and nervous and heroic and romantic at one point when she fell into my arms after a couple of shifts we were talking to one another on our breaks for a month or too before making things exclusive in beginning August last year we’ve now been together for 8 months approaching our year in August and approaching our year when we first officially met at work next month :heart:

i assume you had to ask her out, approach her
Original post by H8Courtship217
i assume you had to ask her out, approach her

Definitely had to make my move before I lost her to someone else she’s precious and beautiful

Ha! Funny you mention dating apps. I met my wife whilst dating her friend, whom I met on a dating app.

If your intent for dating apps is to meet someone, yes they work. However, they suck because they are like a job. You have to meet a quota. Get x number of messages out to recieve x replies. I made maybe 30 plus messages and got 5 to 8 replies in total.

Each time I questioned my intent and quality standards. Like, was I settling on something? Some major aspects I never considered compromising on like smoking. I cant stand it.

So I had profiles on different apps/sites. Some were bogus because they had little traffic. Ex: A christian based dating app had the same number of matches with the same women for several months. No matches sent replies so there was no point in me staying on the site anymore. Eventually I met a girl whose messaging was nice. We talked for a couple months before setting out to meet in person.

I remember that day well. We met at a local uni. I told to meet at a water display so I could show up late, walk around first, and then decide to meet. There was no one there. When I got closer I realized there was someone sitting just out of sight.

"Clever girl." I acted like I didnt realize who it was. Climbed onto the water display, then danced and walked around. I text her to say I was there. About 10 minutes later she walks up from her spot to say hi. This whole time I questioned meeting her but developed a "wtf why not," conclusion.

We were friends for a few months after that, then started dating. She had a kid so we were slow to get serious. We shared some deep experiences and some shallow/empty ones. She was there to help me when I got in a really bad car crash and I supported her during different things too. Relationship lasted maybe a year - a year and a few months. Longest I ever had at that time.

One day, in the middle of this dating, this girl introduced me to her friend. I dont know where the heck we were, but we met at a diner. The girlfriend and I arrived early, sat on opposite ends. I faced the entrance like always because Italian. I saw everyone who walked in, but none compared to Signorina with black hair. Caught my attention and kept my attention. Then she walks up and says hi. Signorina is the friend. We have the best conversation ever about heart felt things. I dont remember word for word but I remember thinking, " oh ****, this is the girl i ned to marry.".

Eventually I break up with girlfriend. A year later Signirina and I met up again. We were honest with each other right off the bat. Said we wanted to dated but need to be friends first. We did just that for about 2 weeks. Despite not telling anyone initially, everyone knew we started dating and everyone knew we liked each other.

About a year and some months later I propossed. We got married when covid started. Been together since and Im not going anywhere without Signirina. We have our struggles and moments, but nothing makes me want a redo or someone else.

I really think my mentality and attitude helped the relationship grow to what it is today and continue to grow. Be a buddy. A friend. Love beyond that point too.

I can continue forvever about it but just saw my battery drop. Cheers.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending