The Student Room Group

Economics or Business and Management?

Hi everyone, I have to choose my subjects for IB, and I've heard from some people that unis prefer candidates to take Economics instead of BM as they see BM as too easy? My other subjects are :
psychology HL
biology HL
BM/ Economics HL
AA SL
and then the other 2 languages at sl.
I'm probably going to go to the UK for undergrad after IB. So if anyone knows if they do prefer economics over BM pls let me know. Thank you:smile:
Original post by hudhdhuhx
Hi everyone, I have to choose my subjects for IB, and I've heard from some people that unis prefer candidates to take Economics instead of BM as they see BM as too easy? My other subjects are :
psychology HL
biology HL
BM/ Economics HL
AA SL
and then the other 2 languages at sl.
I'm probably going to go to the UK for undergrad after IB. So if anyone knows if they do prefer economics over BM pls let me know. Thank you:smile:

Hi there! I can't say for certain whether this is a fact or myth with regards to unis preferring economics to business management, but I can say for certain that any preference at all is more likely to have to do with what course you're applying to study for. If the course you currently have your eye on is closer to Economics than to Business Management, then this may be a reason to opt for economics instead for example. If youre unsure what you want to study, then its probably helpful to consider the range of things that are feasibly within your sights atm, and make a decision off of that- although it is of course possible that something radically different comes out of left field and you choose to study it! So its tough. Hope this helps though, and do please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending