The Student Room Group

Ucas 2023 applicants: have you heard back from your unis yet?

Poll

Ucas 2023 applicants: have you heard back from your unis yet?

It's been over two months since the Ucas deadline, so you might have started receiving replies from the unis you applied to.

Don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet - unis have until 18 May to send offers and response times can vary, as this article on The Uni Guide explains.

If you have started getting offers, this look at firm and insurance choices could be useful. And if you're still waiting, here's how to keep your cool.

There's still plenty of time left, but have you heard back from your unis yet? How many offers have you got?

Let us know :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Vic Vinegar
It's been over two months since the Ucas deadline, so you might have started receiving replies from the unis you applied to.

Don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet - unis have until 18 May to send offers and response times can vary, as this article on The Uni Guide explains.

If you have started getting offers, this look at firm and insurance choices could be useful. And if you're still waiting, here's how to keep your cool.

There's still plenty of time left, but have you heard back from your unis yet? How many offers have you got?

I got all 5 replies pretty quickly

Although I didn't apply to extremely competitive unis... so take it with a grain of salt (especially if you're apply for extremely competitive unis)
Reply 2

I got an unconditional from St Andrews which I accepted a few weeks ago. Pretty quick I'd say, considering the uni is famous for being slow to respond. Feeling very grateful as I worked my butt off in S5 for it and it's also extremely competitive to get into. Good luck to everyone else who's applied! :smile:
Three down - two to go! :smile: I hope things will end well.
Original post by justlearning1469
I got all 5 replies pretty quickly

Although I didn't apply to extremely competitive unis... so take it with a grain of salt (especially if you're apply for extremely competitive unis)

Five quick replies is great :smile:
Original post by Boo_Boo
I got an unconditional from St Andrews which I accepted a few weeks ago. Pretty quick I'd say, considering the uni is famous for being slow to respond. Feeling very grateful as I worked my butt off in S5 for it and it's also extremely competitive to get into. Good luck to everyone else who's applied! :smile:

Congratulations! :five:
Original post by sleep_supremacy
Three down - two to go! :smile: I hope things will end well.

Nearly there! Fingers crossed :smile:
Five quick replies is great :smile:

Congratulations! :five:

Nearly there! Fingers crossed :smile:

Yeah, if the replies are quick you can plan much more easily. You'd have a lot more time to plan, apply for scholarships etc.
I got the first 4 within 3 weeks of applying whereas Leeds took over 3 months haha (all 5 offers tho can't complain)
I received 2 Unconditionals from the same uni for two different courses before even hearing from the other 2 unis I had applied to!!
By the time one of the other unis had got in touch with an offer to interview, I had already decided to accept one of my offers. Never ever heard from my third uni - not even an acknowledgement of my application.
Got a rejection from Edinburgh within a week, got offers from Newcastle (2 courses) and Birmingham within 3 weeks and after almost 5 months of waiting, I got an offer from Durham.

All offers are conditional.
Reply 9
I’m only waiting for a reply for Newcastle Uni for their fine art course after sending my portfolio back in January :smile: every other Uni replied already
Original post by JA03
Got a rejection from Edinburgh within a week, got offers from Newcastle (2 courses) and Birmingham within 3 weeks and after almost 5 months of waiting, I got an offer from Durham.

All offers are conditional.

Congrats! :woo: What did you apply for?
Congrats! :woo: What did you apply for?

Biological Science (Foundation) @ Durham
Biomed @ Newcastle
Medicinal Chem @ Birmingham
Medicinal Chem @ Newcastle
Biomed @ Edinburgh
Original post by JA03
Biological Science (Foundation) @ Durham
Biomed @ Newcastle
Medicinal Chem @ Birmingham
Medicinal Chem @ Newcastle
Biomed @ Edinburgh

:clap2: Where are you planning to firm/insure? You've got a wide selection to choose from!
:clap2: Where are you planning to firm/insure? You've got a wide selection to choose from!

Insuring Durham hopefully and firming idk.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending