The Student Room Group

Worried about headache.

So I’ve always had headaches and feel nauseous but that’s cos I’m looking at either a laptop screen or my phone screen for HOURS, only get out of my room if imma eat and juss stay lied down in bed. On the 2nd of this month, I went on my laptop at like 11 ish or smt and only got off at 6:30/7 ish cos I was playing a game. The next morning I woke up with a headache that’s different to what I usually have. It was a stinging sharp headache and it lasted the whole day and was continuous but towards the night it was more spaced out and it was stinging in different parts of the TOP of my scalp only though (but was always the top of scalp), the day after that the headache was still there but it wasn’t stinging and it was less but still there and now today too headache is less than it was two days ago but it’s still predominant and it’s moving around to the right side of my head, my forehead, behind my eyes and back up to the top of my scalp. I felt nauseous too and tried to be sick but nothing so I wasn’t sick I just felt nauseous like I usually do. I’m 21 years old and I also recently got my daith pierced and it’s also notable to mention the day before my headache my daith was fidgeted about and it tugged and that hurt so idk if it’s anything to do with that. I’m just scared cos I keep searching things up to do with headaches and specially cos it’s the third day now and it’s still here I’m scared. It felt more heavy today if anything. I only took OTC medication the first day but that was only once haven’t taken it since then not cos It didn’t work or anything but cos I wasn’t bothered lol. Do u think it’s concerning and I should go doctors? Or should I wait it out till end of this week and see what it’s like?
yeah just go to the doctor
Pleaed let us know if you are okay afterwprds
I worry about u all
Original post by Anonymous
So I’ve always had headaches and feel nauseous but that’s cos I’m looking at either a laptop screen or my phone screen for HOURS, only get out of my room if imma eat and juss stay lied down in bed. On the 2nd of this month, I went on my laptop at like 11 ish or smt and only got off at 6:30/7 ish cos I was playing a game. The next morning I woke up with a headache that’s different to what I usually have. It was a stinging sharp headache and it lasted the whole day and was continuous but towards the night it was more spaced out and it was stinging in different parts of the TOP of my scalp only though (but was always the top of scalp), the day after that the headache was still there but it wasn’t stinging and it was less but still there and now today too headache is less than it was two days ago but it’s still predominant and it’s moving around to the right side of my head, my forehead, behind my eyes and back up to the top of my scalp. I felt nauseous too and tried to be sick but nothing so I wasn’t sick I just felt nauseous like I usually do. I’m 21 years old and I also recently got my daith pierced and it’s also notable to mention the day before my headache my daith was fidgeted about and it tugged and that hurt so idk if it’s anything to do with that. I’m just scared cos I keep searching things up to do with headaches and specially cos it’s the third day now and it’s still here I’m scared. It felt more heavy today if anything. I only took OTC medication the first day but that was only once haven’t taken it since then not cos It didn’t work or anything but cos I wasn’t bothered lol. Do u think it’s concerning and I should go doctors? Or should I wait it out till end of this week and see what it’s like?

Yeah, playing games is a really bad habit unless you can control yourself and stop playing them. I do the same sometimes. But it's really bad for the brain as well as the eyes.

Anyway, don't worry. I reckon you need to sleep properly (on time, following a routine), which can help to reduce those issues. Even if it doesn't work out, it would be better for you to visit a doctor/GP.
My dear friend you shouldn't be worried too much about the headache just contact a physician to get better recommendations and treatment..

Quick Reply

Latest