The Student Room Group

Shared Bathroom

Hi all! The uni I've applied to mostly offers shared bathrooms (at least within my budget) and I'm staring to panic for two reasons. One of them is the general cleanliness with sharing a bathroom as (since sharing with my brothers i know how unhygienic people can be) and that I'll hopefully be transitioning so idk whether they'll take this into consideration so i dont feel vulnerable or unsafe (idk if I said this correctly?) anything which might reduce my anxiety over this
Reply 1
hey, depending on the size of your flat you can have anywhere between 2 and five shared bathrooms. they're almost always private bathrooms like you'd have at home rather than one large complex of stalls and showers like they have in the US. Honestly I wouldn't stress about it, it was something I used to be worried about w accommodation, but its genuinely really private, and because there's more than one the cleanliness in one or more is always fine.
Original post by fruitsandbarley
Hi all! The uni I've applied to mostly offers shared bathrooms (at least within my budget) and I'm staring to panic for two reasons. One of them is the general cleanliness with sharing a bathroom as (since sharing with my brothers i know how unhygienic people can be) and that I'll hopefully be transitioning so idk whether they'll take this into consideration so i dont feel vulnerable or unsafe (idk if I said this correctly?) anything which might reduce my anxiety over this

Hi there,
If you'd like to stay in university owned accommodation then it may be worth checking how many people are sharing the bathroom. For example, when I was at university, I only shared a bathroom with two other people and we had a cleaner so it wasn't too bad! However, I did really enjoy having my own ensuite, which is what I did in my second and third year when I moved into private student accommodation. If you're concerned about cost then it may be worth looking around (if you haven't already!) to see what your options are.

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending