The Student Room Group

Applying to uni whilst on access to HE nursing

Im currently completing my access course in nursing and its due to end in nov . But would like to finish abit before then. I really wanted to go to uni this year in september but i dont think it will be possible. Does anyone know if uni would take me on as its only 2 months difference and might be able to finish sooner . Would they also take me on without my certification results first ??
Reply 1
I think it's unlikely. I have a conditional for September but they want evidence of my qualifications before my place is firmed. I would contact the university directly and try and get some more care experience to strengthen your application 😊
Original post by KirstieC09
Im currently completing my access course in nursing and its due to end in nov . But would like to finish abit before then. I really wanted to go to uni this year in september but i dont think it will be possible. Does anyone know if uni would take me on as its only 2 months difference and might be able to finish sooner . Would they also take me on without my certification results first ??

Hello @KirstieC09

I hope you're well :smile:
I don't think it is likely that a university would allow you to study a nursing programme, without evidence that you have fully completed your access course and what grades you obtained during that, as you must prove that you have met the conditions to your offer. Maybe it would be worth looking into any unis that have a later start date such as January or so?

Best of luck :smile:
Jade
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending