The Student Room Group

Leeds uni or Lancaster uni????

I can't decide between these two universities, I have been to both and liked them equally. I am studying Chem Eng. Leeds has better nightlife and social scene, but slightly less ranking but Lancaster has a better ranking but a worst social scene...
I really don't know what to choose - any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.
Depends on your personality. Leeds is a great student uni, near the city centre with several other unis in the city (Leeds Beckett, Leeds Arts University, Leeds School of music). Lancaster is a campus uni in an isolated location. Top unis both, but very different social scenes.
Original post by s_ve
I can't decide between these two universities, I have been to both and liked them equally. I am studying Chem Eng. Leeds has better nightlife and social scene, but slightly less ranking but Lancaster has a better ranking but a worst social scene...
I really don't know what to choose - any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Lancaster is high up in the domestic rankings because of student satisfaction, although it's good but in terms of the University as a whole Leeds would be better which can be evident when looking at QS World Rankings to why Leeds places in the top 100 internationally which is much higher than Lancaster. So ranking shouldn't be holding you back from Leeds.
Original post by s_ve

Hi @s_ve,

I'm a second-year chemistry student at Lancaster University. One of the biggest things that helped me decide on what uni to come to was attending open days and/or offer holder events. It was really useful to visit the campus and get a better feel for the department so I could better understand what it would be like to be a student there. Other than that, I would say to compare the course modules and see what you'll actually be studying since that's what most people come to uni for.
As for the nightlife of Lancaster, there is no denying there are less clubs than in Leeds. However, with the right people I've had some really good nights out. Personally though, I like to go to the pubs to relax and unwind. There are 8 bars on campus and countless in town so if that's your thing it's really good.

If you want to ask anything else, I'm happy to help
-Beth (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending