The Student Room Group

How many hours a week do you go to university?

People who are doing computer science degree at Huddersfield university, how many hours do you study at university?
Hi @Sufyl

We've just gotten in touch with our Computing department and here's what they said:
"study hours (including lectures, seminars, workshops, practicals and independent study) add up to 35 hours per week in total, with an average of 20% of the study time on this course is spent with your tutors."

In addition to this, before working for the Univeristy, I studied on BSc Computing (a sister course to CompSci) from 2013-2017. I found we had on average 12 timetabled hours per week as a minimum and you could add more by meeting with your tutors for additional support or guidance.
Please note this may no longer be the case for this years study as each year is different based on the number of students on the course, the core modules taught and what optional modules you choose.

Typically I was in on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday with 1 hour classes and 1 hour practicals for each of my six modules spread across those days.

Many thanks,
Lewis

Social Media and Content Officer
University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending